The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Steve, looks like you beat matt to the finish line on this new jewel!
First shots look great, no question you'll have a lot of fun with it and let us behold some more S'magic! Kepp em coming! :thumbs:

Question: did you "Velvia'd" the color shot above in PP? Looks pretty intense.
Yes i did C. Just dont tell Matt...Shhh! Thanks!:)
Sure thing Steve. I'm a tomb.
Steve/Corlan: I figured it out! They didn't have one at my LCS last Sat. Put my name on the list. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Reprocessed some shots of mine two years back. It was from a tour called "Land of the Phrygians".

D300 with Sigma 12-24mm and Nikkor 24-70mm/2.8

Entrance to the amphitheater

Love this Osman! Brings you right into the "Long & Winding Road"! Excellent!
Osman: +1, I was about to say that this one was outstanding! The road and the ruin are a very evocative combination. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Reprocessed some shots of mine two years back. It was from a tour called "Land of the Phrygians".

D300 with Sigma 12-24mm and Nikkor 24-70mm/2.8

Entrance to the amphitheater

The road to the amphitheater

Osman, I have no idea how I missed these. Wonderful images, and ripe with history... the stones do know, and they speak to us, as our friend, Rayyan, has said.

I hate to single any out, they are all great, but these two are special. I love the wonderful quality of the light in the first, and the second is wow, what a composition. Really nice work. :thumbup:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Looks quite good, Osman.
Like the whole set, still like our friends the b&w with the strong composition (including the nice touch with the lone tree on the far left) is an instant favorite.

Oh man, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the 85 1.4G. I'm toyed with ditching the 105DC for this lens. It's going to need to be pretty exceptional for me to make that move.

Here's a quick one from a wedding I shot a couple weeks ago...

Lloyd

Jason: Nice wedding shot. Love the bike racing pix. I'm with you on the 105VR. I love my 85/1.4 (old version), but truth is on full frame I tend to use the 105 more, so for me to spend the $$ the new one will have to be pretty special.

Good things can happen when you forget to change the WB from shooting a wedding the night before... Just added Graduated Filter in Efx and a touch of sharpening.

D700 Zeiss 21 1/160th, F16, ISO 100

Steve... what's the minimum focus dist on that new one? I'm looking at a macro lens this afternoon.. kill two birds w/ one hugely priced stone? :-D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jason, the wedding shot on the lake's cool :thumbup:

Like the second bike photo, too, and the last "a-tad-overprocessed" image. This used to be a pier?