The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

This is Betty & she lives in an assisted living home for the elderly. She's worked hard her whole life. She helps a lot of her neighbors in everyday chores when they need it & is just a good soul. She allowed me to take 2 photos...

D700, 85G 1.4:)
Beautiful shots of a beautiful lady. I hope she gets prints. :thumbup:

m_driscoll

Nice grab of goddess Bastet. At least with such a companion you've got nothing to fear from snakes. ;)
Had a look at the analog section -wonderful produce and flower shots, with superb vivid colors. :thumbup:
(nice use of glow, too)
Corlan: Thanks. :D She does look like the Cat Goddess! Also, thanks for looking at the analog photos. I know the flower photo looks like i used a "glamour glow" preset, but, I didn't! It just came out that way with normal pp. The vagaries of Velvia 100.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

Corlan: Thank you! Things changed a lot since your visit, I'm afraid. I try not include the 'new' in my shots ;)
Steve: Wonderful caption and soulful shot.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan: Thank you! Things changed a lot since your visit, I'm afraid. I try not include the 'new' in my shots ;)
Had my suspicions... ;) But after all, isn't what the art of composition and framing all about? Well done! :)

Corlan: Thanks. :D She does look like the Cat Goddess! Also, thanks for looking at the analog photos. I know the flower photo looks like i used a "glamour glow" preset, but, I didn't! It just came out that way with normal pp. The vagaries of Velvia 100.

Cheers, Matt

Sincerely had a doubt (hence the small note). Impressive results, sounds like lots of fun!

Steve: +1, great portraits! I'm probably partial to the B&W because it's closer in and I can see the character and life in her face and eyes. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Steve: Wonderful caption and soulful shot.
+1 & +1. Wonderful and soulful indeed, Steve.
Like Matt i was enticed by the monochrome portrait at first, then giving the color one a closer look, with the subtle crown of autumn colors, well... they're both great. Beautiful photos of a beautiful person.

I miss looking thru all of these! When life slows down a touch, I'll be back!

Been having fun w/ my new to me macro lately. Should be interesting!

Great stuff on here as always!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Nothing much, but found this, "hanging around" in the garden by the grapevine.
The thing was active and kicking, so just quick non-sharp grab of the massacer:

more details in the orginal color version:

note: if anyone knows if these are unsafe near the house walls... please advise! :confused:
(body size is around 1")

Lloyd

note: if anyone knows if these are unsafe near the house walls... please advise! :confused:
(body size is around 1")
I don't know if they're dangerous or not, but can tell you that they're creepy!:eek:

otumay

And now for something less creepy...
Time for family portraits. The first has my son Deniz, with my uncle. In the second (shot by Deniz) yours truly with his beloved uncle.
D700 + Nikkor 135/2.0 DF

Lloyd

Time for family portraits. The first has my son Deniz, with my uncle. In the second (shot by Deniz) yours truly with his beloved uncle.
D700 + Nikkor 135/2.0 DF
Those are beautiful portraits Osman. A family of very handsome gentlemen. :salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Even if it's not yours per se (well, it is after all :rolleyes:)... love the second shot. Looking good, Sea.., er, agent Osman! :thumbup:

shtarka1

(body size is around 1")
These 2 images are making me hungry! Nice grabs C! :)

shtarka1

D700 + Nikkor 135/2.0 DF

Osman, it is an honor to meet your Uncle & Son! You guy's look Dashing!

m_driscoll

Corlan: Great creepy spider shots. I won't show my wife (arachnophobia). I like the color one here. More distinction between predator and prey. Spiders are our friends, but 1" is getting up there.

Didn't see it here: http://www.xs4all.nl/~ednieuw/Spiders/spidhome.htm. Although, maybe a "Spitting Spider" or a "Sheetweb Spider"?

Or, it could be a one of these (brought in with the bananas):
Phoneutria spiders can measure 30 mm and have leg span of 150 mm. Those spiders don't make a web; they hunt during the day. At night, they shelter between clothing, under furniture, in shoes or in banana bunches... Proximity to humans is the reason for the relatively frequent occurrence of bites. They are aggressive spiders which don't run away when disturbed and rather defend themselves by attacking: they stand on their two pairs of hind legs, lifting the fore-legs open, their red chelicerae ready to strike. They are agile and fast, capable of climbing rapidly upwards on the stick that is attacking them.

Can you poke it with a stick and see what happens? :D

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Osman, it is an honor to meet your Uncle & Son! You guy's look Dashing!
Osman: +1, good looking bunch of guys. Nice shots for the album.

Which raises another question. Fifty years from now, are our great-grandchildren going to be looking at the digital metadata and captions to see who's in the picture? There won't be any old faded and half-torn photos of people with undecipherable scribbles on the back to thumb through. Kind of sad.

Cheers, Matt