The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

otumay

Osman: +1, good looking bunch of guys. Nice shots for the album.

Which raises another question. Fifty years from now, are our great-grandchildren going to be looking at the digital metadata and captions to see who's in the picture? There won't be any old faded and half-torn photos of people with undecipherable scribbles on the back to thumb through. Kind of sad.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thank you, Matt.

Our great-grandchildren may not be able to witness fading or tear in family snapshots, but I'm sure there will be sufficient software to make them look that way:ROTFL:

m_driscoll

This is posted for Maggie O, even though i may have posted them here before, because she posted some great Monarch Butterfly photos in the analog section and i wanted to show her what they looked like the last time they came through Seattle in July of 2008, but, I couldn't post these photos there because they're digital and shot with a Nikon D300 and Sigma 120-400mm zoom set at 400mm, so, she'll have to look at them in this thread, instead, and, that last one is a development action preset and not the lens, although, I returned the lens to Amazon right after i shot these, so, I can't really be sure.

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

This is posted for Maggie O, even though i may have posted them here before, because she posted some great Monarch Butterfly photos in the analog section and i wanted to show her what they looked like the last time they came through Seattle in July of 2008, but, I couldn't post these photos there because they're digital and shot with a Nikon D300 and Sigma 120-400mm zoom set at 400mm, so, she'll have to look at them in this thread, instead, and, that last one is a development action preset and not the lens, although, I returned the lens to Amazon right after i shot these, so, I can't really be sure.

Cheers, Matt

Gorgeous shots Matt.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
"Thanks" :( :D Steve, Lloyd, Matt.

Matt, thanks for the referral link, and the quote. This is so comforting... but that's how you know who your true friends are, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Found it again today, tried the stick routine and though it was inconclusive (didn't jump and bite, but certainly did not run away :eek:), i felt more like Lloyd said than in a scientific/preservation mood. Way too close to the daughter's room window, so let's skip the gory details and simply state that i got rid of the exotic beast.

The Monarch Butterfly are beautiful (no glow onthe #2 either? :p) :thumbup:

Quite a funky result on the last one :wtf:, in doubt returning the lens sure sounds like the safe move...

m_driscoll

Osman: You're right. Software will come to the rescue.

Maggie/Steven: Thanks. See, it's a good thing I sent the lens back! It didn't tell me what i was photographing (or, is that the camera's fault). I think it was soft, too. The Tiger Swallowtails haven't been around. As a matter of fact, almost no butterflies this summer? I'll stick to grizzly bears. At least, I can identify them.

Corlan: Well, you were able to post, so we know it wasn't that South American spider. :LOL: Nice still life photo. :thumbup:

Everybody: Thanks. :D

Viablex1: The color, texture and detail in those two photos are stunning!!! What was your camera and lens? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

otumay

Istanbul is a city of cats, ladies and gentlemen. On every street (bowing to the great Mark Knopfler, btw) you can meet the omnipresent feline, minding his or her own business, or just relaxing. They have a great capacity for the latter; they can relax everywhere. And they have a stare that makes you feel you are an intruder in their otherwise peaceful universe. Who knows, they maybe right...

Trying to concentrate on people awaiting their train, they stole the show and I ended with more cats on my hand than I knew what to do with.

D700 with 135/2.0.

Oh, and the occasional cormorant:

Lloyd

Istanbul is a city of cats, ladies and gentlemen. On every street (bowing to the great Mark Knopfler, btw) you can meet the omnipresent feline, minding his or her own business, or just relaxing. They have a great capacity for the latter; they can relax everywhere. And they have a stare that makes you feel you are an intruder in their otherwise peaceful universe. Who knows, they maybe right...

Trying to concentrate on people awaiting their train, they stole the show and I ended with more cats on my hand than I knew what to do with.

D700 with 135/2.0.

Oh, and the occasional cormorant:
Very interesting Osman. I didn't know that about Istanbul. Certainly not something you see here to the same degree. We do have stray cats around, but they're typically doing their best to avoid people.

Very nice shots as well. I love the way the lens renders. Is it the DC version?

shtarka1

D700 with 135/2.0.

They're just hanging around like they own the place & it seems that no one is paying them any mind! Very interesting & well shot Osman!