The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

+1. I really like that b/w processing. The color also has a lot of subtlety. Nice work.
Lloyd: Thank you, sir!

One of the nice things travelling to new places is all the new friends you get :)
D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/5.6
Jorgen: Great 'cow character' coming through. Looks like it wants to be your friend. I was trying to find out what breed of cow that was and came across this: http://www.efeedlink.com/contents/06-29-2010/a142891b-6da0-4eed-9743-b62beab5827d.html Apparently dairy farming came to Thailand after the King and Queen visited Denmark.

Large groups of birds lately. Not today, at dusk after the storm, barn roof was -almost- empty.
"Lone pigeon"

(no processing, no sharpen, no B&W conversion - just RAW +1/3EV, a tad of level)
Corlan: Very subtle and artistic!:thumbup:

D700, 85G
Steve: These last three are brilliant! :thumbup: It's great that you're always exploring the pp.

Cheers, Matt P.S I'm selling my almost new AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR
70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
Offering it her before i post it.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Wicked nice shot. He wasn't real sure what to make of you, and if he did have the tablets, I'll bet he forgot where he put 'em. Of course who knows, He could be the head of the Astrophysics dept. at Harvard.
Tim, He was about 7 feet tall too! Tablets were left under the "Burning Bush" for safe keeping!:D Thanks!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Osman, Lloyd, Steve, Matt, for the kind comments.
It was a bit gloomy here tonite, but in a good way. Light was dim but very "shaped" (i'm tired and for lack of a better word). Was worth giving it, er... a shot. :eek:

Steve, though i had a more poetic intent, Omega Man is definitely in good position in the sci-fi section of the movie collection. So is its companion Soylent Green, for when you're into something really depressing :D (<- smiling tablet :ROTFL:)

Tim, He was about 7 feet tall too! Tablets were left under the "Burning Bush" for safe keeping! Thanks!
7 feet tall and he was clearly looking slightly up to you. Not sure what to make of that... :rolleyes:

D700. 85G:)
The last three shots are excellent, after some consideration my vote goes for this one, for creativity ("mechanical wicked smile" is fun) and processing.

Then the street shot is not only good, but shows the variety of angles you 're able to get from this lens with great effect. Sounds like you have a lot of fun with it (and will for some time) :toocool:

Here's a couple more that i reworked. D300; 16mm f/2.8. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

Matt, i'll definitely opt for this punchy partly desaturated version, which would fit well in many magazines.
Maybe would crop it a tad more to get rid of a couple of distractions (or a bit less if you did already).. but hey it's me, and you know how fussy i am with the darn crops :deadhorse:

Btw Matt you gave me a false hope with the zoom rogue classified. When starting reading your phrase i thought about something else (you know, PCEish) :cry:

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Nice Andy Warhol Perspectives With Raging Red Color!
Steve: Thank you! :D

Thanks Osman, Lloyd, Steve, Matt, for the kind comments.
It was a bit gloomy here tonite, but in a good way. Light was dim but very "shaped" (i'm tired and for lack of a better word). Was worth giving it, er... a shot. ...
Matt, i'll definitely opt for this punchy partly desaturated version, which would fit well in many magazines.
Maybe would crop it a tad more to get rid of a couple of distractions (or a bit less if you did already).. but hey it's me, and you know how fussy i am with the darn crops :deadhorse:

Btw Matt you gave me a false hope with the zoom rogue classified. When starting reading your phrase i thought about something else (you know, PCEish) :cry: ...
Corlan: Thanks for the comments. :D That lens has a very distinctive character. I no longer have it because it wasn't one i used, or thought i could use with success. Sorry about the PC-E..

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

Steve, though i had a more poetic intent, Omega Man is definitely in good position in the sci-fi section of the movie collection. So is its companion Soylent Green, for when you're into something really depressing :D (<- smiling tablet :ROTFL:)

7 feet tall and he was clearly looking slightly up to you. Not sure what to make of that... :rolleyes:

The last three shots are excellent, after some consideration my vote goes for this one, for creativity ("mechanical wicked smile" is fun) and processing.

Then the street shot is not only good, but shows the variety of angles you 're able to get from this lens with great effect. Sounds like you have a lot of fun with it (and will for some time) :toocool:

Corlan...I should have said Edgar Allan Poe, but i was in a cheesy sci-fi kind of spirit! Soylent Green was also another Freaky Movie!
"Mechanical Wicked Smile" is Awesome & i hope you dont mind if i use that as a title! Oh as far as "Moses" height , i was on a bench making like i was shooting the most exotic squirrel in the world, but he ultimately caught me & almost turned me into Pulp with his stare!:eek::D Thank You!:)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
That lens has a very distinctive character. I no longer have it because it wasn't one i used, or thought i could use with success.

Cheers, Matt

Certainly not an easy purpose lens with its somehow fisheye character -examples above are very though :)

Corlan...I should have said Edgar Allan Poe, but i was in a cheesy sci-fi kind of spirit! Soylent Green was also another Freaky Movie!
"Mechanical Wicked Smile" is Awesome & i hope you dont mind if i use that as a title! Oh as far as "Moses" height , i was on a bench making like i was shooting the most exotic squirrel in the world, but he ultimately caught me & almost turned me into Pulp with his stare!:eek::D Thank You!:)
So much for the stealth part :ROTFL: And i know the feeling :deadhorse: :D

As for the smile, it's definitely wicked, and mechanical, isn't it? :rolleyes:

m_driscoll

Here's some previous photos from the Skagit Eagle Sanctuary about 2 hrs. NE of here. Lots of noise (inexperienced photographer with new camera and lens). I re-processed them. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3; 200-400mm f/4; 400mm; 1/1000s @ f/4, ISO 250

2. D3; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/1000s @ f/4, ISO 1600

3. D3; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/1000s @ f/4, ISO 3200

4. D3; 200-400mm f/4; 220mm; 1/1000s @ f/4, ISO 1600

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Here's some previous photos from the Skagit Eagle Sanctuary about 2 hrs. NE of here. Lots of noise (inexperienced photographer with new camera and lens). I re-processed them. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3; 200-400mm f/4; 400mm; 1/1000s @ f/4, ISO 250

4. D3; 200-400mm f/4; 220mm; 1/1000s @ f/4, ISO 1600

Love these two, Matt.
Last one is awesome :thumbs:

note: as far as processing is concerned (since you mention it), on #1 did you try a slightly brighter upper right hand sky?

m_driscoll

Beautiful shots, Matt.
Osman: Thank you, sir! :D

Spectacular Shot's & IQ! This Would Be By Favorite! New Lens?
Steve: Thank you! :D Nope, it's the old 200-400mm. 2008 images.

Love these two, Matt.
Last one is awesome :thumbs:
note: as far as processing is concerned (since you mention it), on #1 did you try a slightly brighter upper right hand sky?
Corlan: Thanks! :D I'll try that. It'd probably make the silhouette stronger.

...Huge +1:thumbup:
Lloyd: Than you! :D The D3s, here, would have done a better job compensating for my bad settings.

Cheers, Matt