The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Steve, thanks for bringing this new, long awaited opus to our attention.
And with beautiful photos. The author have found his official photographer for all PR material!
Matt, yes, congrats! :salute:
Got me a soft cover (i tend to prefer them for this format) this morning -they say it'll take a couple of weeks to show up here.
Corlan: Thank you, sir! :D Please let me know what you think. It was fun to do.

An hour by the Cathedral Square (People around the Cathedral 1/1)
Some have their hands well occupied:

Some are posing...:

Some are shooting... alone:
and some others, exchanging views:
Some are looking up:
Some are looking back:
Some, heading straight ahead:

(modern nuns)
And for others, contemplating is enough:

Hey, these guys saw it all, and much more, in just one hour.
Guess that over the last 9 centuries, they would have quite some stories to tell...

:)
Corlan: This series is just great., It describes the context of the cathedral (beautifully!) and gives a sense of today's "worshipers". No monks, royalty, knights, or mendicants. Well done!

Color,image quality,partitioning of the frame & selective focus are DynOmite in # 1!
The gentleman in# 2 is sleek,powerful & "Nothing But Net"! Very Cool Grab!
Steve: Thanks! :thumbup: I've been trying to get a decent shot of the ballon guy. Maybe this is it. The "swoosh" dude is part of an acapella gospel group that sings at the market.

Holy crap! Some great great GREAT stuff out there!
Congrats on the book, Matt!
Corlan, love the series.
I'm laying the foundation for a year long documentary project, so hopefully it will come about.
But for now...
Jason: Great shot of the hound! And, thanks.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jorgen, Steve, Jason, Matt. :)

Jorgen, the guy in the blue shirt said he was from... Norway. He even volunteered to swap cameras. :angel:

Matt i must say i'm disappointed, there was one in there inspired by... you -though not too well executed (doesn't work good in such small format, either) :( :D

Jason: another lovely portrait. Maybe this one'll win a prize, too!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Vertical tree lines, diagonal bench, gentle slope, all making for a natural three dimensional inner framing, unobstrusive background, subject, stare...
Steve, this is simply Kurosawa-esque!! :toocool: :salute:

shtarka1

Steve: Great image. Empathetic. Personal. I like that she's looking at you, through you, and beyond you. Thousand yard stare.:thumbup:
Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
I stood 6 feet in front of her for 15 minutes pointing my camera at the tree's trying to be "stealth" & finally grabbed a shot & scurried on my way! Thanks Matt!
Vertical tree lines, diagonal bench, gentle slope, all making for a natural three dimensional inner framing, unobstrusive background, subject, stare...
Steve, this is simply Kurosawa-esque!! :toocool: :salute:
Thanks for the Honorable Call C! I believe he discovered one of my favorite actors, the Great Toshirō Mifune. Thanks a lot Corlan!:)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the Honorable Call C! I believe he discovered one of my favorite actors, the Great Toshirō Mifune. Thanks a lot Corlan!:)
Yes he did that -beside being among the greatest (if not "the") directors, and cinematographers.
Mifune is also one of my favorite, though among japanese actors (i'm aware yours is more probably from chinese descent) the subject in your photo reminded me more of another veteran, Tsutomu Yamazaki

Talking about Kurosawa, if by any chance you haven't seen his post mortem opus (directed by his long time assistant) After the rain ("ame agaru"), i'd bet you'd love it -for many reasons, and not only photography. ;)

OK, here i am again... :lecture: :eek: :D

What a real good photo makes us think about... :thumbs:

shtarka1

Yes he did that -beside being among the greatest (if not "the") directors, and cinematographers.
Mifune is also one of my favorite, though among japanese actors (i'm aware yours is more probably from chinese descent) the subject in your photo reminded me more of another veteran, Tsutomu Yamazaki

Talking about Kurosawa, if by any chance you haven't seen his post mortem opus (directed by his long time assistant) After the rain ("ame agaru"), i'd bet you'd love it -for many reasons, and not only photography. ;)

OK, here i am again... :lecture: :eek: :D

What a real good photo makes us think about... :thumbs:
Just "you-tubed" a few clips from "After The Rain" & although my Japanese is a little rusty or non-existent, the cinematography is Beautiful! Domo Arigato Corlan!:)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Met this creature out in the fields. Must be a cowbitt, don't you think? Or is it a cabitt?

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/4.5

One of the many many great things about where you live, Jorgen.

If I ran into someone like that where I live, one of us is seriously lost. :D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hi Oliver, welcome!
These are nice. Saw the "Sleepy" and Spider's web shots on the other board, and liked them a lot!

Lloyd

Matt, Steve, Corlan, Jason, Jorgen, and Oliver (welcome to the forum Oliver...let's see more!) Great shots all. Hope I haven't missed anyone. I've been very busy the past few days, but hope to have more time soon.

Lloyd... know the feeling. I have two more weddings to finish editing, then library resorting, fixing storage solutions.. umm... why am I playing on here right now? :D

shtarka1

Lloyd... know the feeling. I have two more weddings to finish editing, then library resorting, fixing storage solutions.. umm... why am I playing on here right now? :D

We Always Appreciate You Taking The Time For Us J.M.! Great Framing,Saturation & Contrast! (Now Get Back To Work!:D)