The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

shtarka1

Matt, Steve, Corlan, Jason, Jorgen, and Oliver (welcome to the forum Oliver...let's see more!) Great shots all. Hope I haven't missed anyone. I've been very busy the past few days, but hope to have more time soon.
Thanks Lloyd. Hope to see you posting again soon!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jason - though the Sears and the Watertower are cool, i can't hekp being parial to the two b&w street candids. "Say Fromage" is fun, with a perfect title, and the processing on the next is spot on. :thumbup:

Lloyd, good to have some news. Hopefully you did not run alongside your friend Karl all that time! :shocked: :p

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Decidedly "unnatural" pp, but, i like it. Eastern Washington at a rest stop. First blue sky in two days! We were racing to cross the pass before they closed it for blasting. Made it with about 2 mins. to spare. Cheers, Matt

D700, 24mm f/1.4G

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt - that's why I love Eastern Washington!

If it weren't so far from a decent airport and cities I'd consider moving there myself. I take several pilgrimages to the Palouse & Wallowa's every year just for the photo ops.

Graham

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
An hour by the Cathedral Square (the end)

Forgot this one last time...

"in the shadow"

But, i wanted to dedicate this last part to another guy. His situation's probably the worse in that bunch, but he's the cool, silent type. Though we barely exchanged a dozen words, it's the kind of guy you feel comfortable hanging with. Looking at the photos, he has this special "real people" look.

He loves his dog, and takes great care of him:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
The portraits (and variations):

The Hat:

The Look:

The Eyes

Modeling

(seriously, i've seen worse from "pros".. well, "models for hire")

(color shots above are pretty much unedited, close to straight TIFs from RAW in either NX2 or ACR for the last one)

Last edited:

shtarka1

The portraits (and variations):

The Hat:

The Look:

The Eyes

Modeling

(seriously, i've seen worse from "pros".. well, "models for hire")

(color shots above are pretty much unedited, close to straight TIFs from RAW in either NX2 or ACR for the last one)

And finally:

(the end) :)
James Dean In "Rebel Without A Cause", Is What Comes To Mind Here Corlan!
All Are Wonderful! These Are My Favorites For Their Candor & Human Depth! The Last High Key Shot Is Incredible! Great Series!!!

m_driscoll

Met this creature out in the fields. Must be a cowbitt, don't you think? Or is it a cabitt?
D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/4.5
Jorgen: I think it likes you. Nice portrait of the cowbitt! :thumbup:

Corlan, thank you for your kind words.
Very motivating.
Fascinating London-Eye

DSC_0051
von oliverleschke auf Flickr
Olli: Liked you earlier photos. This one's pretty subtle, but I like it too. :thumbs:

We Always Appreciate You Taking The Time For Us J.M.! Great Framing,Saturation & Contrast! (Now Get Back To Work!:D)
Super "Street"!
Jason, You've Got The Vibrant Color & Angles Down To A Science! Another Pretty Shot!
Jason: +1, +1, and +1. Nice mix. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Matt, is it what one calls "over the top"? :D
Nice one. Makes me miss the NW, space, weather... even more.
Corlan: Yes, "over the top" :LOL:

Matt, Pretty Contrast,Saturation & Framing!
Steve: Thank you, sir! :thumbup:

"Walk Softly & Carry A Big Stick"...

D3, 24G:)
Steve: Excellent capture? :thumbup: Was he using it as a cane, or for protection?

Matt - that's why I love Eastern Washington!
If it weren't so far from a decent airport and cities I'd consider moving there myself. I take several pilgrimages to the Palouse & Wallowa's every year just for the photo ops.
Graham
Graham: Thank you! Great country for your D3x. I want to go back, but down to the the SE corner of the state, around Dayton. What's are the best times of the year in your opinion?

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Less aggressive pp. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D700; 28-300mm; 116mm; 1/2000s @ f/22; -3-1/3 EV; ISO 1250

2. D700; 28-300mm; 200mm; 1/800s @ f/14; -2-1/3 EV; ISO 200

3. D700; 28-300mm; 250mm; 1/2000s @ f/14; -3-1/3 EV; ISO 200

4. D700; 28-300mm; 200mm; 1/5000s @ f/5.6; -2-1/2 EV; ISO 200