The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan...

It's for that reason alone (relearn patience and the importance of nailing the right shot, not just a shot) that I've started shooting medium format film again.

Only problem with that is I need to learn how to scan!! :D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan...

It's for that reason alone (relearn patience and the importance of nailing the right shot, not just a shot) that I've started shooting medium format film again.

At least we're already making an effort shooting almost exclusively Zeiss manual focus lenses (or even full manual such as PC & Contax modified).

Next step: more tripod :)
So i keep saying at least :rolleyes:

(kudos on the MF analog setup - entertained the idea but eventually did not have the patience myself. Plan to do that later though, if film's still available...)

m_driscoll

She Never Leaves Home Without Them...

D700, 85G:)

D3, 24G:salute:
Stylin...

Steve: Nice set of photos. Except for #1 and #3, disparate in content. #2 is excellent. The angle, color, and perimeter shadow really make a great image. #4 is another of your thoughtful captures. Great B & W.

Corlan...
Jason: Will we see your work in the analog section. Shooting film is excellent exercise for "nailing the right shot".

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Matt, don't know how, even when quoting (more or less, depending :rolleyes:) serious reference material, you always manage to sound full of tongue in cheek humor. Excellent :D
The shot is really lovely.
And to say the truth, it reconciles me a bit with the D3S. Till today and for a few exceptions, i've not been convinced yet. Probably my fault, and considering of course that super high iso performance's not among my personal criterias.
(and for some reason, it seems that the few people with this body wants to ply for a funkier processing than needed -or expected)
Corlan: Thanks. :D I looked for a little info and found that this carousel was a big deal. Pedantic is always funny. Sorry, It was with the D700 that I just sent back. I think that it's a little soft at the white horse. Probably me and the lens. The D3s would have been better, IMHO. I believe that I've done some "funky" processing with D3s photos. Now you've challenged me.

Excellent motion & selective focus Matt!
Steve: Thank you! :D

rayyan

Hi Folks..

Lots of pages to get thru.. I shall slowly..

We travelled 5 hours from Zurich to the Bernese Oberland. We arrived in Murren after 4 train changes and a cable car ride.

We got of the small train and Ayesha wondered if we were in the right place as the train moved out!!

We started walking towards what we thought was our hotel..

But why go to all this trouble in such weather and take this long trip..

Because, as I have said previously, It Is There...The Eiger that is..3900 mts.
of magnificent rock and snow...

We had come to see the rock face of the Eiger. To face our fears and enjoy
it magnificence.

m_driscoll

Hi Folks..
We travelled 5 hours from Zurich to the Bernese Oberland. We arrived in Murren after 4 train changes and a cable car ride.
We got of the small train and Ayesha wondered if we were in the right place as the train moved out!!
it magnificence.
Rayyan: Welcome back. A nice grouping of photos. The train station and tree in the mist and "bam", the Eiger. The first two are extremely well pp'd and composed. The tracery of the tree is just strong enough (i usually oversaturate and lose the quality of the mist). The mountain photo's magnificent. We saw the Eiger from the other side in Grindelwald. I'm looking forward to more mountain adventure and photos. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
#4 is another of your thoughtful captures. Great B & W.
+1 :thumbs:

Corlan: Thanks. :D I looked for a little info and found that this carousel was a big deal. Pedantic is always funny.
C'mon Matt... between friends, you cant tell us. What kind of false pretext like "unique shot angle" did you find to ride the tiger? :rolleyes: :ROTFL:

Sorry, It was with the D700 that I just sent back. I think that it's a little soft at the white horse. Probably me and the lens. The D3s would have been better, IMHO. I believe that I've done some "funky" processing with D3s photos. Now you've challenged me.
Oops -well i guess i did, though unvoluntarily. :eek:

Last photo from Eastern Washington may be my favorite. Interesting composition.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hi Folks..

it magnificence.
Good to see you around Rayyan.
You'll obviously have a lot of adventures and stories to tell!

For now, magnificence it is. On your Eiger photo, snow sounds like a distant promise -the kind which will require efforts and determination.

Lovely shots in the mist, both the station and the tree. In the latter, respective angles are impressive. Sounds like this little guy will not give in easily to laws, and forces, of nature.

For that, you could've gently carved in a "R", and a "A". :)

m_driscoll

+1 :thumbs:
C'mon Matt... between friends, you cant tell us. What kind of false pretext like "unique shot angle" did you find to ride the tiger? :rolleyes: :ROTFL:
Oops -well i guess i did, though unvoluntarily. :eek:
Last photo from Eastern Washington may be my favorite. Interesting composition.
Corlan: It was late and the animals were scary! It was also the fastest carousel that i've ever seen. Next time. That last one's my favorite, too.

Cheers, Matt