The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

shtarka1

Hi Folks..

Lots of pages to get thru.. I shall slowly..

We travelled 5 hours from Zurich to the Bernese Oberland. We arrived in Murren after 4 train changes and a cable car ride.

We got of the small train and Ayesha wondered if we were in the right place as the train moved out!!

We started walking towards what we thought was our hotel..

But why go to all this trouble in such weather and take this long trip..

Because, as I have said previously, It Is There...The Eiger that is..3900 mts.
of magnificent rock and snow...

We had come to see the rock face of the Eiger. To face our fears and enjoy
it magnificence.
RAYYAN...Great To See You & Back With A Bang! Beautiful Work! We Missed You Sir!!!

Rayran... welcome back!! Lovely stuff. Can't wait for the rest!

Matt, that 28-300 is impressive! Or the guys behind the lens is!

I am embarrassed to say I didn't know there was an analog section. I'll have a look!

m3photo

Re: Scanning

Only problem with that is I need to learn how to scan!! :D
Not necessarily. Do what I did; buy a second-hand Nikon bellows and slide-holder combo (for 35mm slides and negs. It's tripod time for M/F) for a few pennies on eBay, saw off the length to suit and attach it to your D700 with a Micro Nikkor 55. Point at window, shoot RAW and voilá - perfect scans.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Re: Scanning

Not necessarily. Do what I did; buy a second-hand Nikon bellows and slide-holder combo (for 35mm slides and negs. It's tripod time for M/F) for a few pennies on eBay, saw off the length to suit and attach it to your D700 with a Micro Nikkor 55. Point at window, shoot RAW and voilá - perfect scans.
Wow, that's a tip!
Would be worth a video tutorial though for those (like... well, myself :eek:) with 2 left feet in lieu of hands.

For example, how do you determine which length has to be cut out? :confused:

Steve: thanks -just a snap of toys left to rust in a farm nearby where they sell their production, produce, meat. They were clearly looking at me thinking i was certifiable, so i didn't dare to take the real Eggleston setup.

rayyan

And Now A Tribute To One Of Our Own! I Just Received My Copy Of Matt Driscoll's Brand Spankin New Book & I Must Say It Is Awesome!!! Congrats My Friend!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::salute:
Matt: ++1; I have not seen the book, but I know it must be superb.

Congratulations my friend.:thumbup::thumbup:

rayyan

Some are looking up:

Some are looking back:

Some, heading straight ahead:

(modern nuns)

And for others, contemplating is enough:

Hey, these guys saw it all, and much more, in just one hour.
Guess that over the last 9 centuries, they would have quite some stories to tell...

:)
Corlan: beautifully photographed and narrated. I like the comments from the last one. Isn't it wonderful watching people going through places of worship
in awe and admiration. As students of religion or history.

You have captured the atmosphere and the diversity in such places very well Corlan.:salute::salute:

rayyan

Less aggressive pp. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D700; 28-300mm; 116mm; 1/2000s @ f/22; -3-1/3 EV; ISO 1250

2. D700; 28-300mm; 200mm; 1/800s @ f/14; -2-1/3 EV; ISO 200

3. D700; 28-300mm; 250mm; 1/2000s @ f/14; -3-1/3 EV; ISO 200

4. D700; 28-300mm; 200mm; 1/5000s @ f/5.6; -2-1/2 EV; ISO 200

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Why does the BW grab my attention when all this set is excellent.But I do know that the 28-300 is in a master's hand.:thumbup:

rayyan

The hour by the cathedral was well over that afternoon... on the way back home though, driving the small country roads i still got one last shot.

Guess i'm not used anymore to hang around too many people for too long, and noticing that lone tall tree from a distance offered another perspective. Had to walk in the freshly harvested fields for nearly 30 minutes to get the right angle, but enjoyed the ambient serenity, and silence.
Last shot of the day then...

"Tale of the Tall Tree":

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_QVGWHHLiCX8/TKxxVCKacII/AAAAAAAAAPA/J7F8FB_WvZE/CLF_4420_mid.jpg[/IMG

[SIZE="1"]
also a "pano" version here: [url]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_QVGWHHLiCX8/TKxxVXBB9oI/AAAAAAAAAPE/07yM_0d0Kb4/CLF_4420b_midb.jpg[/url][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Gray"][SIZE="1"](still with the 105VR)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

The last shot Corlan, but arguably the best of the series. Super work here.:thumbup::thumbup:

rayyan

1909 Looff carousel.
"The Looff Carrousel is on the National Register of Historic Places and is one of the most beautiful and well preserved hand-carved wooden carrousels still in existence. Spokane's Looff Carrousel features 54 horses, 1 giraffe, 1 tiger, and 2 Chinese dragon chairs."

Cheers, Matt

D700; 28-300mm; 28mm; 1/20s @ f/3.5; ISO 400

Matt: You too have preserved these wonderful carrousels with superlative photography. The execution is nothing but brilliant.

Regards.

m_driscoll

Color,Contrast,Form,Setting.....Wall Hanger For Sure! Love It!:thumbs:
Steve: Thanks!
Not everyone is William Eggleston... :deadhorse:

:D
Corlan: An updated, more modern, version of the tricycle shot. Higher angle; different pp; european background. Nice! Especially like the mud. :thumbup:

...Matt, that 28-300 is impressive! Or the guys behind the lens is! I am embarrassed to say I didn't know there was an analog section. I'll have a look!
Jason: Thanks! :D :eek:

Cheers, Matt