The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

Rayyan: Welcome back. A nice grouping of photos. The train station and tree in the mist and "bam", the Eiger. The first two are extremely well pp'd and composed. The tracery of the tree is just strong enough (i usually oversaturate and lose the quality of the mist). The mountain photo's magnificent. We saw the Eiger from the other side in Grindelwald. I'm looking forward to more mountain adventure and photos. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com[/QUOTE

Good to see you around Rayyan.
You'll obviously have a lot of adventures and stories to tell!

For now, magnificence it is. On your Eiger photo, snow sounds like a distant promise -the kind which will require efforts and determination.

Lovely shots in the mist, both the station and the tree. In the latter, respective angles are impressive. Sounds like this little guy will not give in easily to laws, and forces, of nature.

For that, you could've gently carved in a "R", and a "A". :)
Rayyan, a spectacular comeback! Eiger shot,especially...
+1. Gréât post !
RAYYAN...Great To See You & Back With A Bang! Beautiful Work! We Missed You Sir!!!
Rayran... welcome back!! Lovely stuff. Can't wait for the rest!
Matt, Corlan, Osman, steflaurent974 ( apologies, need to get the name ),
Jason and Steve...Folks I am humbled by your welcome and your graciousness.

I too missed the company of wonderful friends like yourselves. It is nice to be back.

My thanks to all of you.:salute::salute:

m3photo

Re: Bellows unit

For example, how do you determine which length has to be cut out?
Do you know, I really can't remember. :eek: However, I've just measured what's left and it's 9 centimetres long. That is to say the double track part, which is what I cut down to size to accommodate the working length for the 55mm Micro-Nikkor.
The rear lens mount turns 90 degrees for vertical and horizontal ease but in this case you take advantage of this to mount it to the D700, as modern cameras have a "fatter" base to clear, nevertheless it does fit perfectly.
Here's one on sale, this is just so you can see the attached pictures the seller has posted.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKON-Slide-Cop...Accessories&hash=item45f5cff2a1#ht_500wt_1156

rayyan

My camera combo this trip was the D700 and the ZF 50mm planar.

Here is a capture from this combo. No pp except slight ' s' curve and resizing.

The first is a crop from the scene. The second a 100% crop from the same scene.

A lovely small stream up in the Swiss forests. Just me and the stream. Nothing for kilometers around. Spent an hour sitting by the stream..watching and listening..

Just the birds, gushing water, a few pebbles, a few leaves and me.

shtarka1

Rayyan, Thanks For Taking The Time & Commenting On All The Incredible Photos From Our Esteemed Group!
The Zeiss In Your Hand's Produces Crisp,Colorful,Beautiful Renditions Of Autumn Which Would Look Lovely In Print & On A Wall! :thumbs:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Do you know, I really can't remember. :eek: However, I've just measured what's left and it's 9 centimetres long. That is to say the double track part, which is what I cut down to size to accommodate the working length for the 55mm Micro-Nikkor.
The rear lens mount turns 90 degrees for vertical and horizontal ease but in this case you take advantage of this to mount it to the D700, as modern cameras have a "fatter" base to clear, nevertheless it does fit perfectly.
Here's one on sale, this is just so you can see the attached pictures the seller has posted.
Michael- many thanks! I'll definitely look into it.

(note to Jason: don't bid on this one or let me know, so we don't end up kil... outbidding each other) :ROTFL:

[..]

Just the birds, gushing water, a few pebbles, a few leaves and me.
Rayyan, i can hear the silence. Makes me want to get my feet wet! :thumbs:
Is it the 50 1.4? Or the Makro Planar? ((mis)understood from your dedicated post that you did have the latter, not the former)

And, thanks for your kind words :)

Corlan: An updated, more modern, version of the tricycle shot. Higher angle; different pp; european background. Nice! Especially like the mud. :thumbup:
Way too kind, Matt.
Failing chinese dragon or a tiger, i had a thought how fun it would've been to ride the truck with the red nuts :angel: :D

rayyan

Rayyan, Thanks For Taking The Time & Commenting On All The Incredible Photos From Our Esteemed Group!
The Zeiss In Your Hand's Produces Crisp,Colorful,Beautiful Renditions Of Autumn Which Would Look Lovely In Print & On A Wall! :thumbs:
Steve: It is always a pleasure to see and learn from the masterful work on display here. Thanks to those that can produce such brilliant work.

Grateful for your kind comments Steve.

Rayyan, i can hear the silence. Makes me want to get my feet wet! :thumbs:
Is it the 50 1.4? Or the Makro Planar? ((mis)understood from your dedicated post that you did have the latter, not the former)

And, thanks for your kind words :)
Corlan: The water was cold..very very cold. I do have both the Planar and the Makro. In the dedicated thread, I was indeed talking about the Makro.
The weight and feel just swung me over to the Planar at the last moment.

Thank you.

rayyan

I continued past the stream. The light, never bright, took on a magical appearance as I approached a sharp descending bend..

I had to go forward. It was too good not to go through that opening. Anyone would have gone forward to see what was beyond.

As it would turn out several hours later, it was a mistake! A very dangerous one at that!

m_driscoll

Matt: Why does the BW grab my attention when all this set is excellent.But I do know that the 28-300 is in a master's hand.:thumbup:
Rayyan: Thank you! :D That second B&W draws me in too. I think the contrast difference between the first and second hills pulls the eye. It has more dimensionality then the first one.

Matt: You too have preserved these wonderful carrousels with superlative photography. The execution is nothing but brilliant.
Regards.
Rayyan: Thank you again, sir! :D

Rayyan: +1! Steve - thank you for expressing my, and I'm sure others, thoughts, and thanks..

Way too kind, Matt.
Failing chinese dragon or a tiger, i had a thought how fun it would've been to ride the truck with the red nuts :angel: :D
Corlan: I had the same thought, but nothing like that when i was a boy. This is amusing: http://williamyan.com/blog/2010/1/5/photography-im-no-william-eggleston-but-heres-my-attempt-on.html

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

I continued past the stream. The light, never bright, took on a magical appearance as I approached a sharp descending bend..

I had to go forward. It was too good not to go through that opening. Anyone would have gone forward to see what was beyond.

As it would turn out several hours later, it was a mistake! A very dangerous one at that!
Rayyan: Brilliant photo and narrative. :salute: Who wouldn't go on? Cheers, Matt.

otumay

This is wickedly beautiful, Rayyan!

rayyan

:thumbup: Looks very much like this part of the world from November until about April some years.
Graham, thanks for looking in. A beautiful part of Canada you live in sir. Some time since I last visited there. Have been stopping off at edmonton the
past few years. Flight is tooooooo long!!

Rayyan: Brilliant photo and narrative. :salute: Who wouldn't go on? Cheers, Matt.

Matt: Thank you for the kind words Matt.

This is wickedly beautiful, Rayyan!
Osman, yes that is the word. ' wicked '. Like the lady of the forest.

Thank you Osman.

Most Definitely!!!
Steve: Grateful sir.

+1 :thumbs:
Jorgen, how you keeping pal? Thanks for stopping by.

count me in :thumbs:
Steen, your looking in is very much appreciated.

+1 Rayyan.
Well i guess +8 would be more appropriate! :thumbs:
Corlan, thank you.

Folks, I am humbled by your kind words and am really grateful to all of you for taking of your time and commenting.:salute::salute::salute:

rayyan

I continued forward, oblivious of the time. It was ' wickedly ' beautiful. The sights and smells of the forest, rushing streams, small waterfalls..seen it in the movies; experiencing it in real life was a joy, was priceless.

I had a gnawing feeling though. I had seen no sign posts. It was indeed strange, more so that I was in Switzerland!! The steep incline along the path was disconcerting. The descents on walking/trekking/hiking paths I had encountered
were considerably more gentle.

Who cared? I should have. Because here I slipped. Trying to grasp the grave/rock bruised my elbows. The knees gave way. The D700 went to a side.
The backpack rested in the stream, caught up in the undergrowth.

It was a deceptively nasty slope, fast and cold stream...

m_driscoll

I continued forward, oblivious of the time. It was ' wickedly ' beautiful. The sights and smells of the forest, rushing streams, small waterfalls..seen it in the movies; experiencing it in real life was a joy, was priceless.

I had a gnawing feeling though. I had seen no sign posts. It was indeed strange, more so that I was in Switzerland!! The steep incline along the path was disconcerting. The descents on walking/trekking/hiking paths I had encountered
were considerably more gentle.

Who cared? I should have. Because here I slipped. Trying to grasp the grave/rock bruised my elbows. The knees gave way. The D700 went to a side.
The backpack rested in the stream, caught up in the undergrowth.

It was a deceptively nasty slope, fast and cold stream...
Rayyan: Nasty! Looks like you and your camera were, more or less, OK. As Graham pointed out, this looks like our woods (wet and slippery). Rich colors and hanging mist. Cheers, Matt