The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Some cold, monochromatic, water and rocks. The Spokane River at the downtown Riverfront Park. The guy was actually fly fishing and had just caught a nice rainbow! The falls are upriver from the bridge. Cheers, Matt.

1. D700; 28-300mm; 38mm; 1/30s @ f/16; ISO 800

2. D700; 28-300mm; 230mm; 1/60s @ f/5.6; ISO 320

3. D700; 28-300mm; 44mm; 1/15s @ f/14; ISO 200

4. D700; 28-300mm; 92mm; 1/125s @ f/9; ISO 200

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Nice but treacherous environment, Rayyan.
Thankfully it was just cuts and bruises this time.

Matt: at least -from your photos- not as deceptive a stream. This one looks dangerous enough... won't play around with a camera.
Interesting to see the "natural desaturation" on the rocks in the lower strata.
Like the last shot for rendering all of the above :)

Last edited:

rayyan

Allow me some multi-threading here please...

The Route des Vins d'Alsace:

I might be incoherent towards the end..so please let me know how it tastes:D

shtarka1

I continued forward, oblivious of the time. It was ' wickedly ' beautiful. The sights and smells of the forest, rushing streams, small waterfalls..seen it in the movies; experiencing it in real life was a joy, was priceless.

I had a gnawing feeling though. I had seen no sign posts. It was indeed strange, more so that I was in Switzerland!! The steep incline along the path was disconcerting. The descents on walking/trekking/hiking paths I had encountered
were considerably more gentle.

Who cared? I should have. Because here I slipped. Trying to grasp the grave/rock bruised my elbows. The knees gave way. The D700 went to a side.
The backpack rested in the stream, caught up in the undergrowth.

It was a deceptively nasty slope, fast and cold stream...

Good Gracious Brotha..Be Careful! Nice Shot!

shtarka1

Some cold, monochromatic, water and rocks. The Spokane River at the downtown Riverfront Park. The guy was actually fly fishing and had just caught a nice rainbow! The falls are upriver from the bridge. Cheers, Matt.

1. D700; 28-300mm; 38mm; 1/30s @ f/16; ISO 800

2. D700; 28-300mm; 230mm; 1/60s @ f/5.6; ISO 320

What an interesting bridge. Nicely seen & shot! You can feel the coarseness in the rocks in # 2. The 28-300 is proving to be a versatile & sharp lens Matt! Nice set!

rayyan

Rayyan: Nasty! Looks like you and your camera were, more or less, OK. As Graham pointed out, this looks like our woods (wet and slippery). Rich colors and hanging mist. Cheers, Matt

Matt: Bits of plaster on the elbows. Crawled out..carefully.

Nice but treacherous environment, Rayyan.
Thankfully it was just cuts and bruises this time.

Corlan,thanks. Yes not much, but with my medication it taked the blood sometime to coagulate. That is always the worry.

Good Gracious Brotha..Be Careful! Nice Shot!
Steve: Appreciated sir. The cam was the main concern!

Pretty Composition!
Pretty, pretty place Steve.

Folks thanks a bunch.:salute:

rayyan

3. D700; 28-300mm; 44mm; 1/15s @ f/14; ISO 200

4. D700; 28-300mm; 92mm; 1/125s @ f/9; ISO 200

Matt: Careful there pal. That's not a puddle. Well captured.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hey i know the place (and the chef)... nice decoration, good food. Unfortunately some of their specialties might not have been to your taste, but did you have dessert? They're splendid (well, at least they used to be a while ago).

Evian? What's that? :eek:

Lovely vineyard shot. Very alsacian!

rayyan

Hey i know the place (and the chef)... nice decoration, good food. Unfortunately some of their specialties might not have been to your taste, but did you have dessert? They're splendid (well, at least they used to be a while ago).

Evian? What's that? :eek:

Lovely vineyard shot. Very alsacian!
Corlan,small world indeed. yes, we had lunch there. Ayesha ordered ( pretty fluent in French she is ). She had dessert, I am supposed to avoid sweets:wtf:, amongst other things. Evian..a close cousin of Perrier!

Here's a story. We were in Colmar. Met a couple from the Big Country in a restaurant. Anyways, got talking. Walked with them to Little Venice, where they wanted a Canal Ride. They were a little disappointed that that there were no Gondolas!

Anyways here is Ayesha screaming away in French, as on-lookers stare, telling the boatman to sing for the couple at the rear.

He sang!!! She told me later that she did not want the American friends to go home disappointed with France. So he Sang!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Hey gents. Lots of cogitation lately about possible new equipment, but this little shot has made up my mind for me. Instead of a new body, I'm going for the Zeiss 100 f2 macro. Funny how things happen. This was pushing it with the 17-55 DX.

Enjoy the Fall! It's a good one!

shtarka1

Corlan,small world indeed. yes, we had lunch there. Ayesha ordered ( pretty fluent in French she is ). She had dessert, I am supposed to avoid sweets:wtf:, amongst other things. Evian..a close cousin of Perrier!

Here's a story. We were in Colmar. Met a couple from the Big Country in a restaurant. Anyways, got talking. Walked with them to Little Venice, where they wanted a Canal Ride. They were a little disappointed that that there were no Gondolas!

Anyways here is Ayesha screaming away in French, as on-lookers stare, telling the boatman to sing for the couple at the rear.

He sang!!! She told me later that she did not want the American friends to go home disappointed with France. So he Sang!

Beautiful color,composition & story Rayyan!

shtarka1

Hey gents. Lots of cogitation lately about possible new equipment, but this little shot has made up my mind for me. Instead of a new body, I'm going for the Zeiss 100 f2 macro. Funny how things happen. This was pushing it with the 17-55 DX.

Enjoy the Fall! It's a good one!

Pretty shot Tim! Your gonna love the ZF 100MP!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan: nice shot, fun story. Good thing you were able to take a bit of distance from the scene to get it right. Story for a song :)

Vlad: a very graphical composition, color contrast's great. Love it! :thumbup:

Matt: Abby looks good. Interesting foreground bokeh.
Btw, is it the book she just finished reading?

Tim: good move. As said and discussed before, not only you got a great camera and perfect control over its files processing, but the Zeiss 100mm should perfectly suit your style of shooting.
Excellent light on the leaf shot. With the ZF it'll be even better :toocool: