The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
I AM GETTING WEAK AT THE KNEES...
TOO BEAUTIFUL
thanks K.Ray - you'll find lots of great stuff from truly great contributors all along these pages :)

Welcome, and looking forward to seeing your work.

Somebody give the guy a few bucks for a longer T-shirt.:D

Image title: "It's no Fairytale". This is the wording on the poster behind the woman.

D700+Nikkor 35mm f/2 - 1/125@f/11 ISO800
Fun one, Michael :thumbup:

Back on the Swiss trail...

[...]

Moral for me: Next time take the train. I am past such adventures. And yes, I should pay more attention to directions!
Great narrative again, Rayyan. Thanks for the fresh air (i need it today).
The Eiger shot is wonderful.

As we travelled across the Alsace Region of France..

[/CENTER]
Both images are really nice... and this second one's special.
Reminds me your two "inner city" Venezia photos posted a couple of months ago. Details everywhere in a incredible DOF... (high)lights control.. . Same bracketing technique? Or is the slightly wider situation allowed you to get this in post?
In any case... the final result's great! Sure it'll look good printed BIG! :thumbs:

rayyan

These are magnificent, Rayyan!
Osman, you are to kind my friend. Thank you.

I second that!:thumbup:
Lloyd: Cheers.

Great narrative again, Rayyan. Thanks for the fresh air (i need it today).
The Eiger shot is wonderful.

Both images are really nice... and this second one's special.
Reminds me your two "inner city" Venezia photos posted a couple of months ago. Details everywhere in a incredible DOF... (high)lights control.. . Same bracketing technique? Or is the slightly wider situation allowed you to get this in post?
In any case... the final result's great! Sure it'll look good printed BIG! :thumbs:

Corlan: Grateful sir. handled it in pp Corlan.

+1

Particularly the second one.
Jorgen, how goes it with you? Thanks for the kind comments.

Thank you all.:salute:

rayyan

Spokane, WA at the river and the view from the Davenport Hotel. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D700; 28-300mm; 28mm; 1/40s @ f/8; ISO 200

2. D700; 28-300mm; 300mm; 1/50s @ f/5.6; ISO 800

3. D700; 24mm f/1.4G; 1/80s @ f/1.4; ISO 1250

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, these are superb:eek: The second one with the diagonal huge piping ( ? ) has excellent dynamics.

They are popping off the screen friend.

The last one is oh, so delicious. The colors, contrast and dof have been brilliantly rendered. Love them.:thumbup::thumbup:

Lloyd

Matt, these are superb:eek: The second one with the diagonal huge piping ( ? ) has excellent dynamics.

They are popping off the screen friend.

The last one is oh, so delicious. The colors, contrast and dof have been brilliantly rendered. Love them.:thumbup::thumbup:
Yup. What he said. :thumbup: I particularly like that third one. Looks like the new glass is working very well.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

tattoo ta-da
"I love Michael"

click for larger size (3.5 Mb)

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/85mm G • 1/200 sec. at f/4 ISO 640 • Capture NX

rayyan

Beautiful Geometry,Saturation & Framing Rayyan!
Steve: I was greeted by extraordinary shapes, patterns and colors during this trip. The last time I saw such beauty and diversity was, for obvious reasons, in New Orleans. Thanks.

Yes. I agree. Love the color, but the content of the windows, including the reflections on the top floor really fascinate me. Well done indeed.
Lloyd: Great you noticed that. Me and Ayesha were walking back to the hotel, looking at balconies and it was late afternoon when this caught my eye.
Cheers.

Note to self - must remember to buy longer T-Shirts next time :ROTFL:
Graham: pre-shrunk ones are a must in that hot weather :D

Thanks folks for looking in.