The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Spokane, WA at the river and the view from the Davenport Hotel. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, really like #2 and #3 here. Maybe i'd try a sightly different crop on the pipe (just pulling your leg :p). The night shot is super nice and makes Spokane looks much better tahn in my memories. :thumbs: Only 1/80s here? Looks like you got the exact right time for the shot, too.

tattoo ta-da
"I love Michael"

Perfect street portrait Steen. Large size's truly impressive.
So, is Michael the danish couterpart for Kent? :confused: :D

Love this! Colors, vertical and depth layers... :clap:

Back on the Alsace route...
[/CENTER]

Hot, sunny day it was!!
Definitely with an Alsacian flair, Rayyan. Got the spirit, the essence, and ste stones altogether. :thumbup:

(and yes it can be surprisingly hot over there, not unlike Hungary farther east)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Chained to the computer these days. Only able to get out to walk the dog. Here are two with the 70-200 within 50 yards of the house.

Had a small Nor'easter today and the wind had everything sideways.

And this is from the front steps of the house the other day, as the sun set behind me.

Best,
Tim
Leaves still look good Tim :thumbup: The view from the porch is awesome, so evocative of a warm, quiet indian summer day. I remember we almost had a "best views from the porch" contest some time ago, and Lloyd killed the competition with his dramatic mountains... but from this photo you sure could play in this enviable category :toocool:

The rain is pouring down, day after day, I have a cold, clients don't pay, suppliers don't deliver... time for a smile I suppose :)

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/4
Toooooooo cute. No in fact, way over cuteness.
:thumbs:

From today at lunch. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

Another great lunch series, Matt!
My fav are the last two (the second one to be added to your collection of "interactng people"), the last one (art or architecture students of some kind?) is just a killer shot. :thumbs:

(though you did not post in the right forum: here, it's "Nikon" :lecture:)

:angel: :ROTFL:

m_driscoll

Matt: I am ready for towing. Wonder where the parking zone might be!
Well done.
Rayyan: Thank you, sir. (insert smile here) I'm not sure what that "tongue" expression's about?

Here's what people do for a living upcountry: Rice and sugarcane.
D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 42mm and f/8
Jorgen: Nicely captured. (insert thumbsup here) Seemed odd to me, so, I googled. Evidently, crop rotation between rice and sugar cane can increase the yields. That's my factoid learned for the for the day. Now it's free time for me!

Matt, really like #2 and #3 here. Maybe i'd try a sightly different crop on the pipe (just pulling your leg :p). The night shot is super nice and makes Spokane looks much better tahn in my memories. :thumbs: Only 1/80s here? Looks like you got the exact right time for the shot, too...
Corlan: Thanks. (insert grin here) I think it was exactly the right time for the night shot through the window. It was too dark later on to get a decent shot when the train rolled by.

..Another great lunch series, Matt! My fav are the last two (the second one to be added to your collection of "interactng people"), the last one (art or architecture students of some kind?) is just a killer shot. :thumbs:
(though you did not post in the right forum: here, it's "Nikon" :lecture:)
:angel: :ROTFL:
Corlan: Thank you! :thumbup: I should have sauntered up and figured out what that group was, although, you're probably right. and, I can't be responsible for the cameras the tourists are using!

Excellent!:)
Steve: Thanks. :grin: I went with all B&W here in deference to your sensibilities. The first may have been a little too dark.

Cheers, Matt

m3photo

Re: The 24-120mm F/4

From today at lunch. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt
1. D3s; 24-120mm F/4; 120mm; 1/6400s @ f/4; ISO 1000
2. D3s; 24-120mm F/4; 38mm; 1/2400s @ f/4; ISO 1000
3. D3s; 24-120mm F/4; 120mm; 1/500s @ f/4; ISO 1000
I see you're trying it out wide open. Any good? The images seem fine at this size. How about edge to edge? Do you reckon it's a decent street lens to carry around?
Thanks for sharing.

rayyan

Love this! Colors, vertical and depth layers... :clap:

Definitely with an Alsacian flair, Rayyan. Got the spirit, the essence, and ste stones altogether. :thumbup:

(and yes it can be surprisingly hot over there, not unlike Hungary farther east)
Corlan, thanks. Yes hot and beautiful! The Alsace region that is.

Lloyd

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I went out looking for a Steen-like model with pink shoes and skin tight jeans but only found this. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Best,
Tim

Lloyd

I went out looking for a Steen-like model with pink shoes and skin tight jeans but only found this. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Best,
Tim
Truth is, as great as Steen's shot is, I think I prefer your subject matter. Well, just this once, anyway. :D

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thank you sirs.

And to be honest, if I did find a model like that in my little patch of woods, I'd probably freak. Still, the odd wood nymph might be nice once in awhile. :p