The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Matt: Rich, beautiful textures in the Tacoma shot. Brooding, ominous scene
we see in your BW presentation.
Can feel them Matt! That is excellent!:thumbup:
Rayyan: Thank you, my friend! :D

Rayyan: Beautiful images. I esp. like the first one. That reflection expands the image beyond the frame. Lush colors and excellent contrast. :thumbup:

Looks Like You Got A Clean Machine That Takes Some Serious Images....Could Also Possibly Be The Photog!:D Very Nice Work & Enjoy The 7000!
Steve: Thanks. :D I'm liking the camera. It's a little "toy-like" compared to the D3s or M9; but, feels good in hand, controls are familiar and easy to use, and build's very good. I'm anxious for an ACR upgrade that allows importing directly into LR3. IQ for the JPEGS is pretty good.

Matt.. nice choice in bikes too : ....
...Oh Woody...I would like to hear everyone's thoughts who have upgraded to the new 85. I'm still using a 105 DC and love it, but ya never know!
Jason: Thanks. :D I've got the new 85mm. Haven't used it very rigorously. I believe it's better then the older one and that one was one of my favorite lenses. I'll try it with the D7000 and post some photos.

Jorgen, Rayyan, Jason, Matt. Great work guys. Thanks yet again for the ongoing inspiration.
Lloyd: Thank you, sir! :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Mikoo: Thanks for sharing a slice of life in Indoneasia ( ? ). I particularly like
the above two. The first is a lovely shot of a formally proper cyclist within a broader view of the city, while the second appeals to me for its tight framing.

Thanks for sharing.

rayyan

A ligament tear does force one to slow down and stop climbing mountains or
taking long hikes! We are told this would last for a few months..

Besides, one is not too cheerful either..

m_driscoll

Mikoo: Great images. I, like Rayyan, like the first one for pretty much the same reasons. The second one above is a terrific group photo with some fun and style. I like the kid's "look".

Matt, love the wood grain and the heads-on framing in the first one. The sepia and the tight framing in the second one is oH so delicious. The tonality is marvellous.:thumbup:
Rayyan: Thank you very much!

Shake on It!

D700+50mm f/1.4 AI - 1/500@f/8 ISO400
m3photo: Perfect! Deliciate focus, beautiful color, great expression and nice framing. :thumbup:

A ligament tear does force one to slow down and stop climbing mountains or
taking long hikes! We are told this would last for a few months..
Besides, one is not too cheerful either..
Rayyan: Three great images in a row.

Wet pavement, isolated couple, yellow umbrella. Good eye!

Ayesha's photo violates several "rules of composition" and despite that is a fine, balanced, and composed portrait. She doesn't look happy. Hope she's healing well?

Excellent reflections! No window frame to guide you, so, you have to look a little harder (which is cool). :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Lloyd: Thank you kindly sir.

m_driscoll;257160 [B said:
Rayyan: [/B] Three great images in a row.

Wet pavement, isolated couple, yellow umbrella. Good eye!

Ayesha's photo violates several "rules of composition" and despite that is a fine, balanced, and composed portrait. She doesn't look happy. Hope she's healing well?

Excellent reflections! No window frame to guide you, so, you have to look a little harder (which is cool). :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Grateful for your gracious comments, as always.

Much appreciate my friends.:salute:

rayyan

"La Nina" has arrived in Seattle. Wet and cold weather coming. Rained all day. These are from a couple of days ago. Cheers, Matt.

D7000; 28-300mm VR; 85mm; 1/40s @ f/16; ISO 100

D7000; 28-300mm VR; 135mm; 1/40s @ f/16; ISO 100

Matt: Hope no damage to life is done sir. The BW, imho, more closely refletcs
the rain, the sound and fury of a tropical storm.

But the sky in the first photo conveys to me more than the BW. Go figure!

The framing adds to the drama. The boat seems isolated from the land.:salute:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Been relaxing upcountry for a couple of days. There was water :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 130mm and f/4

Last edited: