The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

We have some visitors in my home from Canada....

My namesake and youngest grandson Rayyan; His latest passion seems to the Bakugan thingy..

Total immersion in a world of his own..and the Bakugan creatures!

But what about our friend Hamza? He has been nursing a hairline fracture wrist while on the ice skating rink. The cast is off, and the brace is on. One of the reason I left him behind this summer..

Thanks for expanding my horizons a little Rayyan. I had never heard of Bakugan, so I Googled it, and now no way too much!

Handsome guys, your grandsons. They come by it honestly. Looks like there's a lot of healing going on in your family. Speedy recovery to you all.

Lloyd

Hello,

after lurking at this and the "Leica Images"-thread for some weeks and beeing really impressed by the quality of the pics as well as by the friendly atmosphere here I feel encouraged to post a first "test-pic" (hope the upload shows acceptable quality).

Though my primary interest aims at (mostly WA) architectural photography/urban landscapes here an approach to "street" - hints for improvement always appreciated:

D 700, 5o/1.4 G @ 1.4 - Sweet Melancholy

Please excuse my poor English and thx for your interest!
Excellent image, wonderful b/w conversion. Welcome to the forum Hermann. Looking forward to much, much more from you.

shtarka1

My namesake and youngest grandson Rayyan; His latest passion seems to the Bakugan thingy..

But what about our friend Hamza? He has been nursing a hairline fracture wrist while on the ice skating rink. The cast is off, and the brace is on. One of the reason I left him behind this summer..

A pleasurable visit from 2 fine young men! Hamza's expression is adorable! Rayyan, we need Everyone Healthy & Repaired for a Family Photo!:)

shtarka1

Hello,

after lurking at this and the "Leica Images"-thread for some weeks and beeing really impressed by the quality of the pics as well as by the friendly atmosphere here I feel encouraged to post a first "test-pic" (hope the upload shows acceptable quality).

Though my primary interest aims at (mostly WA) architectural photography/urban landscapes here an approach to "street" - hints for improvement always appreciated:

Sehr Schon Hermann! Welcome to the Forum!

m_driscoll

Matt: Hope no damage to life is done sir. The BW, imho, more closely refletcs
the rain, the sound and fury of a tropical storm.
But the sky in the first photo conveys to me more than the BW. Go figure!
The framing adds to the drama. The boat seems isolated from the land.:salute:
Matt: I also like the dramatic sky of the color, but otherwise, I'm all about the b/w version. Very strong image.
Rayyan/Lloyd: Gentlemen, thanks. I agree with both of you. 40mm more, further down the pier, and i lost the sky. No damage from the storm, but the political election circus is killing me!

Real Nice Matt!
Both very Nice!:thumbs:
Steve: Thank you! :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

I passed by a window. I wish I had Velvia 50, the real thing...I made do with a coke!
Gorgeous color Rayyan. No Velvia necessary for you, my friend.:salute:
I like Coke! Vibrantly Delicious!:)
Rayyan:+1, +1. Brilliant job with that digital thingie! :thumbup:

Rayyan: Good looking boys and excellent photos. Glad Hamza's fracture's getting better. Actually, young Rayyan should have had the skating rink mishap in Hockey crazy Canada.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Hello,

Hermann: Welcome to this forum! Your photo captures the relationship and action of the people. You've also, established a strong architectural context with your composition that contributes a lot to the image. Well done. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Thanks for expanding my horizons a little Rayyan. I had never heard of Bakugan, so I Googled it, and now no way too much!

Handsome guys, your grandsons. They come by it honestly. Looks like there's a lot of healing going on in your family. Speedy recovery to you all.
Lloyd: A sincere thanks sir. I still don't know about them Bakugan!! Really appreciate your kind wishes Lloyd.

A pleasurable visit from 2 fine young men! Hamza's expression is adorable! Rayyan, we need Everyone Healthy & Repaired for a Family Photo!:)
Steve:Yes sir, pleasurable but adorably noisy too!! Thank you Steve for your
well wishes. Really appreciated.

Rayyan:+1, +1. Brilliant job with that digital thingie! :thumbup:

Rayyan: Good looking boys and excellent photos. Glad Hamza's fracture's getting better. Actually, young Rayyan should have had the skating rink mishap in Hockey crazy Canada.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: I remember Rayyan's mother having fractured her leg around this age on roller blades! Can these things run in a family? Grateful for your comments Matt.

Lloyd, Steve, Matt my best wishes to you guys and your families and friends.
:salute::salute:

rayyan

Hermann: Welcome to the forum..and may I say with a superb capture of people in their enviornment. Very well done indeed. Here's hoping you share a lot more of your photos with us.

Regards.

rayyan

The sun is much brighter; the vegetation is very different; very different than home; Rayyan looks out the window...

Ah well! he decides not to venture outside the house; and returns to his imaginary friends..