The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Steve, Lloyd, Jason, Rayyan, Matt, thank you gentlemen for your feedback - much appreciated!

So I feel encouraged to show you two more:

D 700, 14 - 24/2.8G @ 22 mm, f 7.1, ISO 2500 - "Bavarian Grandezza"

And an urban variation on fall colors:
D 700, 14 - 24/2.8G @ 24 mm and f 5 - "A Window with a View - revisited"

Hope you like it and looking forward to more captures of yours on this thread.
Hermann: Aptly chosen for "an urban variation on fall colors"! I haven't been to Munich in a while, so, i haven't seen the Brandhorst Museum in person. You can start to see the colors merging into neutral tones (as intended by the Architect) to the left and right of the photo.

Nice colors and framing in both of them. Thanks for posting. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Matt:
Great "randoms" (did you say randoms?) with that special "Matt-feeling" - for me the first and second one in particular:thumbup:
And once more thank you so much for your feedback and empathetic comments on my pics, very appreciated - and helpful as well!
Random excellence, I'd say. :thumbup:
Matt: Random? Or selective randomness? Excellently seen. I just adore the first one. The men themselves. Well done sir.:thumbup:
Excellent color & nostalgic tone on the first one Matt...Love it!
The FBI will be thrilled to know you've spotted Whitey Bulger walking into the ladies room & coming out the mens room! 10 Million Dollar Bounty On His Head! Congrats Matt! :D
Hermann/Lloyd/Rayyan/Steve: Gentlemen, thank you. :D Did you notice the place and date on the Bobby Kennedy poster?

Steve: Do you think? He is "known to frequent historic sites"? Only $2,000,00 reward by the FBI, though. :LOL:

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd, Rayyan, Steve, Matt: Thanks again gentlemen for your kind comments!

Rayyan: Great pictures once more. In particular I like the bw Violinplayer; timing, framing, DOF and bw-conversion AAA.

Jorgen: Unbelievable and as well admirable to make such a picture under those circumstances - the looking back of the little girl and the woman in the blurred background :thumbup:

Matt: Calm, maybe, but admirably well captured and PPd as usual!

I haven't been to Munich in a while, so, i haven't seen the Brandhorst Museum in person. You can start to see the colors merging into neutral tones (as intended by the Architect) to the left and right of the photo.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: I am sure, not only the new Brandhorst Museum would be worth a visit to Munich. Considering the passion you dedicate to the "chronicle" of Pike Place Market (and so make this interesting place present for all of us), I strongly believe you would like "Viktualienmarkt" (and some other places) in Munich as well. Maybe you would miss the hyper Burlesque Show a little bit (BTW great High ISO pics there):D

So, to make your mouth a bit water, some from "Viktualienmarkt" for you - and the others as well of course (unfortunately most of them only ooc jpegs or quick & dirty PP, sorry for that!):

D 50, 12 - 24/4G @ 19 mm, f 5.6

D 50, 12 - 24/4G @ 16 mm, f 5.6

D 700, 50/1.8D @ f 3.2

D 50 , 12 - 24/4G @ 20 mm, f 7.1

D 50, 12 - 24/4G @ 18 mm, f 5.6, 1/20 sec.

D 50, 12 - 24/4G @ 22mm, f 5.6

Hope you like it and you get my poor German-English ...

otumay

Dear friends,

As I've also wrote at other forums, I've been absent from this forum for over a fortnight. My father had a serious brain condition and was hospitalized for 17 days, three of which were spent in intensive care and one particular nightmarish night in deep coma. Thankfully, The Old Blue Eyes is home now, convalescing among his loved ones, and his famous heart-winning smile is back on his lips.

Although I was unable to respond to your wonderful posts and discussions, I was by no means away from them; during the darkest times, I found solace by tiptoeing into this haven. It is impossible for me to name those of you who posted those magnificent shots, I loved each and everyone of them.

I want to thank you all for... well just being what you are. I shall now post a single shot. I know this does not qualify here; it was not taken by a Nikon camera, and it has serious technical flaws, but it shows my dad with his neurologist just before he left for home.

Best regards from Istanbul,

Osman

rayyan

Osman, we are rooting for your father and your family. May he regain his health soon and may you and family and friends continue to see his ' heart-winning ' smile be with you for a long long time to come.

Best regards.

Dear friends,

As I've also wrote at other forums, I've been absent from this forum for over a fortnight. My father had a serious brain condition and was hospitalized for 17 days, three of which were spent in intensive care and one particular nightmarish night in deep coma. Thankfully, The Old Blue Eyes is home now, convalescing among his loved ones, and his famous heart-winning smile is back on his lips.

Although I was unable to respond to your wonderful posts and discussions, I was by no means away from them; during the darkest times, I found solace by tiptoeing into this haven. It is impossible for me to name those of you who posted those magnificent shots, I loved each and everyone of them.

I want to thank you all for... well just being what you are. I shall now post a single shot. I know this does not qualify here; it was not taken by a Nikon camera, and it has serious technical flaws, but it shows my dad with his neurologist just before he left for home.

Osman

m_driscoll

Thank you all for your kind comments. Here's one more from the flood:
D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.5
Jorgen: Amazing photos! Doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary to these people. Well seen. :thumbup:

Lloyd, Rayyan, Steve, Matt: Thanks again gentlemen for your kind comments!...
Matt: Calm, maybe, but admirably well captured and PPd as usual!
Matt: I am sure, not only the new Brandhorst Museum would be worth a visit to Munich. Considering the passion you dedicate to the "chronicle" of Pike Place Market (and so make this interesting place present for all of us), I strongly believe you would like "Viktualienmarkt" (and some other places) in Munich as well. Maybe you would miss the hyper Burlesque Show a little bit (BTW great High ISO pics there):D
So, to make your mouth a bit water, some from "Viktualienmarkt" for you - and the others as well of course (unfortunately most of them only ooc jpegs or quick & dirty PP, sorry for that!):

D 50, 12 - 24/4G @ 19 mm, f 5.6

D 700, 50/1.8D @ f 3.2

D 50, 12 - 24/4G @ 22mm, f 5.6

Hope you like it and you get my poor German-English ...
Hermann: Thanks! :D Nicely captured! It does look like my kind of place. I was last in Munich in 1996. It's probably changed a bit, but, remained the same in many ways. I went there every month for about a year to visit a project we had under construction in Nuremberg. I loved Munich. If, you're curious, here's a link to the projects, we did in Bavaria. http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com/p703503999/h38349ff0#h38349ff0 (6 pages). I was shocked to see that it was so long ago!

Dear friends,

Osman
Osman, we are rooting for your father and your family. May he regain his health soon and may you and family and friends continue to see his ' heart-winning ' smile be with you for a long long time to come.

Best regards.
Osman: +1! That's great news!

Cheers, Matt

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Osman, best wishes for your father and all the family in such hard times!

Actually it is great to see that virtual places as such forums can really be of help even beyond the intended goals in those situations!