The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

I

iammatt

thanks for the nice comments everyone. now for something completely different. again with the d300.

jsf

To all who commented I want to thank you, I recently switched from large and medium format to digital, and I am re-assessing my notions of sharpness. How sharp does it have to be, etc. So, I am delibertly making an effort to soften some subjects that normally I would have been obsessive about how much apparant sharpness can I pull out of the image. Digita,l still has a different look than film to me in some subjects. I feel like a Jurassic creature put in front of a starship. Thank you for the feedback, it helps. Joe

Lloyd

To all who commented I want to thank you, I recently switched from large and medium format to digital, and I am re-assessing my notions of sharpness. How sharp does it have to be, etc. So, I am delibertly making an effort to soften some subjects that normally I would have been obsessive about how much apparant sharpness can I pull out of the image. Digita,l still has a different look than film to me in some subjects. I feel like a Jurassic creature put in front of a starship. Thank you for the feedback, it helps. Joe
I feel your pain Joe. I shot MF and LF film for years (and 35mm, as well), and even though I adopted digital early, I still struggle at times with the differences in the workflow. In someways it feels upside down... I used to choose film based on what 'look' I wanted. Sure, developing mattered, as well as darkroom magic, but it started with the film. Now, with digital, it's sort of the other way around. The files from a given camera have the same "look" (lens differences aside, as that was the same for film), and now the variations are all made post capture. Strange and wonderful world.

Lloyd

A few from the streets :):

"A Man and His Dog ... and a Sausage"

D 700, 50 mm/1.8D @ f/3.2

"Psst, the Sheikhs are in Town!"

D 700, 24 mm/1.4G @ f/3.2

Unfortunately some artefacts due to resizing I can't get rid of:confused:

"Great Emotions"

D 700, 35 mm/2.0D @ f/4

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest.
Great shots Hermann. Well seen and captured.

m_driscoll

Time for breakfast, isn't it?
D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm, f/8, 0.6s and a tripod
Jorgen: My kind of photo! Lovely angle, color, and complexity. :thumbup:

Some terrific images there Matt. Hard to single one out. Great b/w too.
Stunning Work!
Matt: +3! Excellent images. :thumbup:

Color Version...

D700, R80 Lux
Steve: Great in color. The mannequin, the guy and the flowers, and the print make a teriffic composition. The look on his face raises an unanswered "question". :thumbup:

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

A few from the streets :):
"A Man and His Dog ... and a Sausage"
D 700, 50 mm/1.8D @ f/3.2

"Psst, the Sheikhs are in Town!"
D 700, 24 mm/1.4G @ f/3.2

Unfortunately some artefacts due to resizing I can't get rid of:confused:
"Great Emotions"
D 700, 35 mm/2.0D @ f/4

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest.
Hermann: Great street shooting. I esp. like the first one. Nice angle in the second and juxtaposition betweeen the people and the billboards in the last. :thumbup::thumbs:

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

I feel your pain Joe. I shot MF and LF film for years (and 35mm, as well), and even though I adopted digital early, I still struggle at times with the differences in the workflow. In someways it feels upside down... I used to choose film based on what 'look' I wanted. Sure, developing mattered, as well as darkroom magic, but it started with the film. Now, with digital, it's sort of the other way around. The files from a given camera have the same "look" (lens differences aside, as that was the same for film), and now the variations are all made post capture. Strange and wonderful world.
Joe/Lloyd: Well said! Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Wandered around downtown and the market. Cheers, Matt

1. Nike store; D7000; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 78mm; 1/500s @ f/4; ISO 1600

2. Near the Pike Place Market; ; D7000; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 75mm; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 1600

3. Pike Place Market; ; D7000; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 42mm; 1/500s @ f/4; ISO 1600

3. Pike Place Market; ; D7000; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 93mm; 1/60s @ f/4; ISO 1600