The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Mimi was one happy grandma, as she had a great little helper this weekend. Together they got the tree and all the decorations done. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

D3, 28-70/2.8 @3.5, ISO 800:

m_driscoll

Look Deep...

D3, 300Vr 2.8
Steve: Super rich, dense, B & W. Great outlining highlight. :thumbup:

Hi Matt; glad to see you here!!:D
Thank you so much for your kind comments. No she did not even attempt the summit. Crazy but knows her limits.
Regards.
Rayyan: Good to see you back here, too. I need to do a little more Nikon shooting! There's always K2 (that's easier); but, knowing her limits is the best climbing skill. :salute:

I learnt that folks hire models for photography...
Is getting to know people that difficult?
Rayyan: Great photo. Thoughtful, amused expression and body language. But, keep in mind that not all photographers have your natural charm and good looks. Some of us are stunted trolls or reincarnated dung beetles. ;)

It's the 83rd birthday of His Majesty The King of Thailand tomorrow, Sunday 5 December. The celebration lasts for nine days, with hundreds of thousands of people participating every day in Bangkok alone. They know how to celebrate in this country :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm, f/16 and 4 seconds

Beautiful portrait, Rayyan.

More birthday celebration. The subject of the celebrations in the background.

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 145mm and f/2.8

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/8

Jorgan: Terrific photos! The first doesn't look real; model-like; brilliant light and color. Thais clearly know how to party. The lit color and monotone areas in the last photo are really nice.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Fog rolled in this evening.

D3, 28-70/2.8 @ 3.5, -1.7 EV ISO 800:
Mimi was one happy grandma, as she had a great little helper this weekend. Together they got the tree and all the decorations done. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

Lloyd: The first is outstanding. It really conveys the cold wet, fog. The second is just plain great. Good times decorating the tree with someone that age! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

You are a master of many gifts, Rayyan. I'm not surprised at the result here.

Wonderful images of late, thank you for sharing.
Not for the silver-tongued, master photographer, it seems.:salute:
Lloyd: I am tongue tied.:D:salute:

Rayyan: Good to see you back here, too. I need to do a little more Nikon shooting! There's always K2 (that's easier); but, knowing her limits is the best climbing skill. :salute:

K2? Not the mountain, but the location!! **** no!!:eek:
Waiting to see more of your walks in Seattle with the new toys!!

Rayyan: Great photo. Thoughtful, amused expression and body language. But, keep in mind that not all photographers have your natural charm and good looks. Some of us are stunted trolls or reincarnated dung beetles. ;)

Matt: It takes me time to get a conversation going. What with having to remove the stilts, put on the hearing aid/s, straighten the wig, pull up my pants and...

Thanks pal.

Cheers, Matt.

Thank you so very much you two:salute:

rayyan

Fog rolled in this evening.

D3, 28-70/2.8 @ 3.5, -1.7 EV ISO 800:

Our own ' Stephen King ' but way better!:thumbup:

Now this one is gorgeous. A woman of valor and beauty, with an angel.
Lovely, heartwarming and oh! so lovely.:thumbup::thumbup:

Super stuff here Lloyd.:salute:

A few more from Munich -

"Streetperformer"

"Get Rhythm"

D 700, 50 mm/18.8D @ f/2.2

"We're Only in it for the Money"

D 700, 50 mm/1.8D @ f/2.2

"Downtown Pianist"

D 700, 50 mm/1.4G @ f/1.4

"A Matter of Perspective"

D 700, 50 mm/1.4G @ f/1.6

"The Event"

D 700, 24 mm/1.4G @ f/3.2

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest.

Lloyd

Lloyd: The first is outstanding. It really conveys the cold wet, fog. The second is just plain great. Good times decorating the tree with someone that age! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt. Yes, she had us laughing all evening.

Our own ' Stephen King ' but way better!:thumbup:

Now this one is gorgeous. A woman of valor and beauty, with an angel.
Lovely, heartwarming and oh! so lovely.:thumbup::thumbup:

Super stuff here Lloyd.:salute:
Rayyan: sincerely sir, much appreciated.

yes that is killer!!
Thank you. Good to have you around here again.

Lloyd: Once more a great proof of the extraordinary wide range of your photographic skills; both outstanding:clap:
I'm honored, Hermann. Thank you sir.