The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Just a little color to brighten up the long,cold winter...

D3, 85G :)
Thanks Steve. We need some color around here just now. Whiteout conditions outside (well, it would be if it wasn't dark), and up to a foot of snow forecast by morning.

shtarka1

Thanks Steve. We need some color around here just now. Whiteout conditions outside (well, it would be if it wasn't dark), and up to a foot of snow forecast by morning.
Wow! We're still digging out from 2 feet of heavy snow! Thanks Buddy!

Lloyd

Wow! We're still digging out from 2 feet of heavy snow! Thanks Buddy!
An early forecast today said up to 36", but we stayed a little warm, and got a lot of rain until around 4pm. Only about 7 or 8 inches on the ground since then, so it doesn't look like we'll be anywhere near that. Maybe at the ski areas. Spent about 45 minutes shoveling walks and driveways about 9. Not looking forward to more in the am. I'm beat... off to hit the hay.

shtarka1

An early forecast today said up to 36", but we stayed a little warm, and got a lot of rain until around 4pm. Only about 7 or 8 inches on the ground since then, so it doesn't look like we'll be anywhere near that. Maybe at the ski areas. Spent about 45 minutes shoveling walks and driveways about 9. Not looking forward to more in the am. I'm beat... off to hit the hay.
Careful of that "Back" Cuz!:)

rayyan

Rayyan: You give up too easily! You could have asked them to move. BTW, you should check your AF settings. Focus is way off! :LOL:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: You are right in that pal. I am working on it.:D

Lovely grain,composition & soft focus Rayyan!
Thanks a bunch, Steve.

What building? (You are THE charmer, you are!!):thumbup:
Lloyd, you would feel it a let down if I told you how it came about. So I won't. It would be a let down! :D:salute:

PeterB666

Argh, my teenage son has just used up my broadband bandwith so viewing and posting images is "fun".

Here are a couple of "skippy" in a field.

Cattai 4 by peterb666, on Flickr

Cattai 6 by peterb666, on Flickr

The lighting was extrememly harsh with the background in full sun and the kangaroo mostly in the shade. Took a lot of tweaking in PS5 to get passable images. Taken with a Nikon D90 and Sigma 150-500mm lens.

m_driscoll

Just a little color to brighten up the long,cold winter...

D3, 85G :)
Steve: Excellent! It does lighten the Winter up. :thumbup: Ps: why do i only get bills? :scry:

Clovelly Pool before dawn and before sane people get up...

Clovelly Pool 2 by peterb666, on Flickr

Nikon D90 and Nikon 10-24mm zoom.
Argh, my teenage son has just used up my broadband bandwith so viewing and posting images is "fun".

Here are a couple of "skippy" in a field.

Cattai 4 by peterb666, on Flickr

The lighting was extrememly harsh with the background in full sun and the kangaroo mostly in the shade. Took a lot of tweaking in PS5 to get passable images. Taken with a Nikon D90 and Sigma 150-500mm lens.
Peter: The pool shot is beautiful. I agree with Lloyd. This doesn't push the HDR too far (not that any of us would do that).

My bit of learning for the day: "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo" -Eastern Gray Kangaroo. Nicely done with that big lens and the pp. I esp. like the first one. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com