The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 85MM 1.4 ZF.2

aboudd

I have had a couple of Zeiss ZF lenses in the past, but I sold them because the lack of a CPU made them annoying to work with. This past week I took delivery of the ZF.2 and it is a great improvement. Still non AF - which I prefer- but now full exif data and aperture or shutter preference modes. Very sweet. I can also recommend a shop in Burke, Virginia, Photocraft, that sells Zeiss at better than usual prices. I'll post some images soon.

Hacker

Have been thinking of the Zeiss for some time, but the thought of the newer version of the Nikon 85mm f/1.4 lens keeps holding me back.

U

uunique18

The Zeiss Planar ZF 85mm f/1.4 is one of the few all-time lens classics.If you are using a D1 series, D2 series, or D200, and you are shooting static subjects, then the Zeiss is probably the better lens.Its build with full of metal.As my view it is the best lens.

A

anselgrey23

The only thing i like, being the owner of a pre ZF, Zeiss 85/1.4 Planar, is that while reasonably sharp at f1.4 and f2 at f2.8 it undergoes a huge change and becomes sharper.