The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sunday morning with Nikon D3 + Nokton 58/1.4

deepdiver

Hi...!!
Yes it's me again :D
Last sunday beside ZF 100/2 i was also using Voigtlander Nokton 58/1.4 SL II.
I think i would be nice if i can share some shots from it. Maybe some of u want to compare the sharpness or the bokeh or 3D of this lens :grin:

Here we go

Andree ^^

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
She really photographs nice but I think she looks her best with her head slightly down and eye's up. That really gives her a great look. I think I like the Zeiss better nicer bokeh

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Still, I think these are very good too. So at least it looks like it is not all about the glass.
More and more I get the feeling that it is the fat pixels (photosites) of the D3 in the hands of a skilled photographer who obviously also knows how to process the files.

Well done, Andree, once again. What software do you use ? Could you make these jpeg conversions with just Nikon NX or are there some necessary steps you do in CS3 ?

deepdiver

Hi Bondo
First of all, I always shoot in RAW 14 bit format, then I process those RAW format at Nikon Capture.
Once i got JPG format from Nikon Capture, i transfer the JPG file to CS3.
On CS3, i did some minor correction :)

robmac

If that's your Sunday morning, I'd love to see your Saturday nights.

Nicely done - and nice model(s) (I assume, if not congrats) as well.