Site Sponsors

Thread: Camera Control Pro 1.3 to 2.7.1

Post Thanks / Like

Camera Control Pro 1.3 to 2.7.1

Hello All :

I currently use Camera Control Pro ( CCP ) 1.3.0 and need to upgrade to version 2.7.1

In addition, I have also purchased a new computer, thus will need to perform a "Clean Install" of CCP. I have just downloaded CCP 2.7 and 2.7.1 from Nikon's website which I believe are "Full" versions of the software. I did not see a link to download "Upgrade" version to 2.7 or 2.7.1

Lastly, I will purchase the "Upgrade" Serial Number as I already own CCP v 1.3.0

Noting all of the above, my question is :

1a. Do I have to first install CCP 1.3.0, validate it using its Serial Number and then install 2.7.1 with the newly purchased "Upgrade" Serial Number ?

1b. Do I first install CCP 2.7 and then 2.7.1 or can I directly install v 2.7.1 ?

OR

2. Does the FULL version of CCP 2.0 recognize that the entered Serial Number is the "Upgrade" Serial Number thus will then prompt me for the orignal 1.3.0's Serial Number ?

Thanks,
    '
    Jai

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Camera Control Pro 1.3 to 2.7.1

No first hand experience with the CCP upgrade, though you could probably try the simpler last solution -no risk attached. FWIW installing the new downloaded version of NX2 using the original SN worked smoothly on a new computer some time ago. Can't see why it'd be different with CCP...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Camera Control Pro 1.3 to 2.7.1

Ok - Thanks - Will give it a shot - Once it has worked, I will revert with the experience !

Jai