The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Camera Control Pro 1.3 to 2.7.1

jvora

Hello All :

I currently use Camera Control Pro ( CCP ) 1.3.0 and need to upgrade to version 2.7.1

In addition, I have also purchased a new computer, thus will need to perform a "Clean Install" of CCP. I have just downloaded CCP 2.7 and 2.7.1 from Nikon's website which I believe are "Full" versions of the software. I did not see a link to download "Upgrade" version to 2.7 or 2.7.1

Lastly, I will purchase the "Upgrade" Serial Number as I already own CCP v 1.3.0

Noting all of the above, my question is :

1a. Do I have to first install CCP 1.3.0, validate it using its Serial Number and then install 2.7.1 with the newly purchased "Upgrade" Serial Number ?

1b. Do I first install CCP 2.7 and then 2.7.1 or can I directly install v 2.7.1 ?

OR

2. Does the FULL version of CCP 2.0 recognize that the entered Serial Number is the "Upgrade" Serial Number thus will then prompt me for the orignal 1.3.0's Serial Number ?

Thanks,
'
Jai

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
No first hand experience with the CCP upgrade, though you could probably try the simpler last solution -no risk attached. FWIW installing the new downloaded version of NX2 using the original SN worked smoothly on a new computer some time ago. Can't see why it'd be different with CCP...

jvora

Ok - Thanks - Will give it a shot - Once it has worked, I will revert with the experience !

Jai