The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Macro thread everyone?

Stuart Richardson

Nice shot Marc -- I like the setup...the green apples go well with the vines. It is making me hungry!

Steen -- I just got the chance to do some test shots, so hopefully I will have something to post in the next day or two. No 105 VR though...I asked Calumet and K&M rentals, but they both only had the non VR version of the lens. Adorama and Lens and Repro don't appear to have it either. The only other place that rents that I know of is Fotocare, and they are not open today. If I can find one, I will try to add it in comparison, otherwise it is probably best to just take the word of the people who have used both. I believe Ray has, as well as Robmac...don't quote me on it.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Beautiful macro scenery, Andree, but how come you use your AI-S type lens on a camera model that doesn't meter with AI-S type lenses, and it doesn't close the aperture iris for you, right ?
Your D300 would meter correctly with the AI-S lens and close the iris.
Do you do this for fun and experimentation, or just to make yourself some obstacles so it won't be too easy :D
/Steen

deepdiver

Beautiful macro scenery, Andree, but how come you use your AI-S type lens on a camera model that doesn't meter with AI-S type lenses, and it doesn't close the aperture iris for you, right ?
Your D300 would meter correctly with the AI-S lens and close the iris.
Do you do this for fun and experimentation, or just to make yourself some obstacles so it won't be too easy :D
/Steen
Hi Steen!
Yes, My Nikon D80 does not meter with AI-S type lenses. Therefore for this shot I have to concentrate with the HISTOGRAM at the LCD :)
I do this for fun :D
It's really challenging to shot with a camera that can't meter the lighting hahahaha
It's not that hard though :)
U should try it, it's realllllyyyyy FUN :grin:
Here are 2 more from this afternoon

Nikon D80 + ZF 50/2 Macro

Andree

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Hey Don - lovely shots, especially the second one . . . it looks soooooo pissed off, definitely a case for the samaritans!
again thanks for your kindness, Jono..

I hadn't realized when I shot that "Alien FLower" image just how funny and face like it appeared, I had a little tunnel vision, but in the browser it jumped out at me....almost a "take me to your leader" moment....