The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Macro thread everyone?

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Bondo - nice texture with wave-like velvet quality.

TRSmith - outstanding cocktail ! Colorful and intriguing.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Day Lily D700, Mamiya 80 f/1.9 and #2 Mamiya extension ring
Hi Cindy,
lovely texture :) Interesting also how those carpels seemingly want to escape.

Funny enough, i planned to post this yesterday but postponed due to work. Not sure it's the exact same flower but looks darn close (at least to my botany undeducated eyes).

CZ 50/2 M @f2

crop:

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hi Corian,
I'm not a botanist, either, but they look like the same day lily. What lens/camera did you use? I like the greens in yours. My Mamiya lens tends to render a scene in a more pastel fashion.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hi Corian,
I'm not a botanist, either, but they look like the same day lily. What lens/camera did you use? I like the greens in yours. My Mamiya lens tends to render a scene in a more pastel fashion.

D700 with Zeiss 50/2 Makro.
You're right, this combination renders a great color density especially in shades of green and orange/red.

Your Mamiya makes me think of the older Zeiss/Contax lenses. Classy though sometimes on the softer side of things. Nice to have as a complement for differerent needs :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: Wide Angle Macro

My wife: "What are you doing crawling around in my flowerbed ?"
Me: "shhh ... I'm hunting, dear"
My wife: "Sigh. What is it this time ... ?"

Nothing really unusual in this situation except that these captures were made with my 2.8/28mm AI-S Nikkor manual focus wide angle landscape lens. Wide open.
Sometimes you have to make yourself some obstacles :cool:

All the above with Nikon D300 • Nikkor AI-S 2.8/28mm • at f/2.8 ISO 200 • all heavily cropped

Have I finally found the do-it-all lens so that I need no other lenses ? ... next challenge: "Wildlife" .-)

Leica 77

Corlan F, Cindy Flood, bondo, and ecsh,
Wonderful macro shots! Your lenses (AI-S Nikkor 28mm/2.8, Zeiss 50/2 Makro, Mamiya 80/1.9, Zeiss 100 ZF, and Nikon 100 VR) have produced truly stunning close-up images. All the best, Leica 77 :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Bondo: wonderful stuff. My favorite is number 6 (?) the been hovering over the blue flower. The sheen on his eyes is very cool.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thank you, Cindy, you are far too kind :eek: I need to admit that I'm not quite sure how to do the 28mm-AIS-Nikkor-meets-Grizzly part :D

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you, Cindy, you are far too kind :eek: I need to admit that I'm not quite sure how to do the 28mm-AIS-Nikkor-meets-Grizzly part :D
Oh, shoot! I had visions of "Bondo meets tiger--up close and personal!"
Maybe you better start out with birds and small mammals.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Ecsh - nice bouquets :) Like the first one with a variety of colors.

Bondo - quite nice pictures with the 28, especially the ones with the blue flower IMO. Regarding the wild beasts, if you're game the way to go is by keeping the 28 but switching to some full format body :D

Is it me or can we discern a hint of glutony here ?

D700 N105VR handheld

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Impressive close-up, Corlan :eek: And you're right, I need a 24x36mm sensor to do the 28mm justice :)

Leica 77

Great macro digital images by so many fine contributors here. I post one for the flower lovers. AF Nikkor 28-105mm Macro. Macro mode set at 105mm. Color and B/W blending using Adobe Photoshop. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)