Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 298

Thread: Nikon "Street"

  1. #151
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Steve: Nice photos and conversion. That Sigma 50mm f/1.4 looks good. How's the bokeh look wide open? Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks Matt! The bokeh is Outstanding on it!

  2. #152
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Mikoo, Top Notch shooting & IQ!

    Lloyd, Real Nice refelection & color!

  3. #153
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"







    1&2, D300, Sig 50 1.4
    3, D3 58 noct 1.2

  4. #154
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    1&2, D300, Sig 50 1.4
    3, D3 58 noct 1.2
    These are, well, er, nothing short of amazing. And that last one, that one is spectacular.

  5. #155
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Wonderful, Steve.

  6. #156
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    These are, well, er, nothing short of amazing. And that last one, that one is spectacular.
    Steve: +1. That first shot's very emotive (W. Eugene Smith moment). Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  7. #157
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    These are, well, er, nothing short of amazing. And that last one, that one is spectacular.
    Im humbled & thankful my Friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Wonderful, Steve.
    Kindly appreciated Osman.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Steve: +1. That first shot's very emotive (W. Eugene Smith moment). Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    That first shot is of a good friend of mine who has had a very tough life. He boxed in the 50's & at 5'1, 130 lbs, still packs a whollup of a punch at 76 years young! As tough as he is physically, he's 10 times more kind & giving & has taught me a great deal about life! It is truly an honor to be his friend!

    Thanks for the nice comment Matt! Happy New Year Guy's!

  8. #158
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Taken this morning out walking the dogs... this corner will look a lil different at midnight



    D700 Zeiss 21 f/4 1/1000 @ ISO 500
    Last edited by Jason Muelver; 31st December 2009 at 08:17.

  9. #159
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Taken this morning out walking the dogs... this corner will look a lil different at midnight

    D700 Zeiss 21 f/4 1/1000 @ ISO 500
    I'll just bet it will look different.

    Nice shot. I love the look of that Zeiss 21 here.

  10. #160
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Jason, Brilliant IQ ,Tone & Contrast! Perhaps we'll get a glimpse of it at night...

  11. #161
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Street Cont....

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.
    Thug!
    d700, zf 35 2.0

  12. #162
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Street Cont....


    Thug!
    d700, zf 35 2.0
    More amazement, Steve. Love that last one especially.

    BTW, I really like your b/w conversions. Are you willing to share your technique? Also, I've been impressed by what I've seen taken with that lens, including these shots. What's your overall impression?

  13. #163
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    More amazement, Steve. Love that last one especially.

    BTW, I really like your b/w conversions. Are you willing to share your technique? Also, I've been impressed by what I've seen taken with that lens, including these shots. What's your overall impression?
    Lloyd, the zf 35 & leica r80 lux are my 2 favorite street lenses. The iq is just super crisp & unique!

    The conversion usually goes like this, cs3 to silver efex pro. Either use "neutral" or "high structure" & then juice up the contrast & structure slide by 20%. I then go back to cs3 & the "selective color" panel & tweek the black, white & neutral settings maybe 5-10%, then if necessary a slight levels adjustment & thats it.
    Try to keep this between just the 2 of us please!

  14. #164
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Try to keep this between just the 2 of us please!
    Thanks Steve. It'll just be our secret.

  15. #165
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Thanks Steve. It'll just be our secret.
    No need to worry. I've erased that part of the monitor already

  16. #166
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    No need to worry. I've erased that part of the monitor already
    Jorgen, your in the clique! P.M. me & i'll forward you the recipe again...shhhh!

  17. #167
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by mikoo View Post

    This one's




    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    A little different "Street" shot:

    D300, 12-24/f4:

    Nice setup, cool result, Lloyd...
    Wonder though whether you froze your er, belly off in the melted ice on this one, or used an angle VF... or guesssed.




    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    Wicked, dawg!


    .

  18. #168
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    "Wicked, dawg!"

    Just some knucklehead thinking he's cool...

  19. #169
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"






    D3, 70-200VR

  20. #170
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Love this! He seems so ummm.... focused?

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    D3, 70-200VR

  21. #171
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    "Wicked, dawg!"

    Just some knucklehead thinking he's cool...
    Knowing, bro... knowing.

  22. #172
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Love this! He seems so ummm.... focused?
    Well, there is this rather hypnotic effect.

  23. #173
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    This one's

    Nice setup, cool result, Lloyd...
    Wonder though whether you froze your er, belly off in the melted ice on this one, or used an angle VF... or guesssed.
    Thanks Corlan. I tried a few different tactics, and did get a little wet and cold. Finally, I just put the camera on the curb and shot a number of times. This was the best of the bunch.

  24. #174
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Lloyd, the zf 35 & leica r80 lux are my 2 favorite street lenses. The iq is just super crisp & unique!

    The conversion usually goes like this, cs3 to silver efex pro. Either use "neutral" or "high structure" & then juice up the contrast & structure slide by 20%. I then go back to cs3 & the "selective color" panel & tweek the black, white & neutral settings maybe 5-10%, then if necessary a slight levels adjustment & thats it.
    Try to keep this between just the 2 of us please!
    Great stuff! I was just going to ask you about your PP; and then i read a little further down (thanks Lloyd). I've been trying to get results as good as yours.

    Now the secret's just between the three of us.

    Take care in the your storm (the TV news is on).

    Cheers,
    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  25. #175
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Great stuff! I was just going to ask you about your PP; and then i read a little further down (thanks Lloyd). I've been trying to get results as good as yours.

    Now the secret's just between the three of us.

    Take care in the your storm (the TV news is on).

    Cheers,
    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks Matt....Thats quite a compliment coming from you!!!
    One other thing i favor that i forgot to mention on the PP is i do like the "Darken Corners, Lighten Center " function in Color Efex Pro. Adds that vignetting touch rather nicely at times.
    Yeah, we've got a snow storm, with high winds that has been lingering & wont leave! Looks like another dreadfully slow day at work today.... Have a Great Sunday guy's...!

  26. #176
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Love this! He seems so ummm.... focused?
    "Focus" is Important in life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Well, there is this rather hypnotic effect.
    There is a Svengali effect going on here...or if your a 3 Stooges fan.."SvenGarlic"! "Moe,Larry, the cheese!" (ok , so im a 48yr old man that will never grow up...as my wife says!)

  27. #177
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    "Focus" is Important in life!


    There is a Svengali effect going on here...or if your a 3 Stooges fan.."SvenGarlic"! "Moe,Larry, the cheese!" (ok , so im a 48yr old man that will never grow up...as my wife says!)
    LOL... exactly. (Seems we have a lot in common. So tell your wife it probably won't change much even in another 10 years either! )

  28. #178
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    LOL... exactly. (Seems we have a lot in common. So tell your wife it probably won't change much even in another 10 years either! )

  29. #179
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"






    D700, R 80 Lux

  30. #180
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    D700, R 80 Lux
    Like ringing a bell, my friend. So sharp, you can cut a finger just touching the screen. And don't get me started about the bokeh! Excuse me!!

  31. #181
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Like ringing a bell, my friend. So sharp, you can cut a finger just touching the screen. And don't get me started about the bokeh! Excuse me!!
    It's 98% lens & 2% me! Really appreciate it Double L!

  32. #182
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    My poor wife and our girls waiting for me to get coffee on a +3F New Years Morning in Chicago...



    D700 Zeiss 21f/4 1/500 100% crop

  33. #183
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    My poor wife and our girls waiting for me to get coffee on a +3F New Years Morning in Chicago...

    D700 Zeiss 21f/4 1/500 100% crop
    Yup, that's chilly. Nice light and shadow. I like the light rimming your wife's head especially.

    Just out of curiosity, how do your "girls" take their coffee?

  34. #184
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    [QUOTE=shtarka1;171265]



    [/ QUOTE]

    I really like this image a lot!! Wonderful composition!

  35. #185
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Here is another from New Year's morning. I know it's totally blown out, shot from the hip, but there's something about it that I like. Most of you will think it's junk (which it is from a technical perspective) but the Zeiss is just magical with the colors.



    I did a black and white conversion in Aperture and didn't like it, but I'll let you decide


  36. #186
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    "I really like this image a lot!! Wonderful composition![/QUOTE]"
    Thanks Jason!

    I think your shot would also look cool with a crop right above the 2 guy's heads, which would place more emphasis on their shadows in my humble opinion.

  37. #187
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Hmmm... Ya thinking something like this?


  38. #188
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Hmmm... Ya thinking something like this?
    Yes! Much stronger image.

  39. #189
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    [QUOTE=Jason Muelver;171796]
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post



    [/ QUOTE]

    I really like this image a lot!! Wonderful composition!
    Steve: ++1. Me too! Tai Chi in the park? Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  40. #190
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    "I really like this image a lot!! Wonderful composition!

    I think your shot would also look cool with a crop right above the 2 guy's heads, which would place more emphasis on their shadows in my humble opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Hmmm... Ya thinking something like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Yes! Much stronger image.
    Steve: You'd crop an image??? +1. Nice with the crop. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  41. #191
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Hmmm... Ya thinking something like this?

    Downright Awesome!!
    [QUOTE=m_driscoll;171973]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post

    Steve: ++1. Me too! Tai Chi in the park? Cheers.
    You got it Matt! Good for the Soul!
    [QUOTE=m_driscoll;171975]Steve: You'd crop an image??? +1. Nice with the crop. Cheers.

    Matt, I'd Crop a piece of Kobe Beef if i could share it with a friend!

  42. #192
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.
    D700, R 80 Lux

  43. #193
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    2.
    All nice (3 & 5 are favorites), but this one's an epitome of modern urban age... great catch and composition.

  44. #194
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    All nice (3 & 5 are favorites), but this one's an epitome of modern urban age... great catch and composition.
    I agree on all counts. +1, for sure!

    And see how you are, Steve... there you go, taunting us again with that lens!!

  45. #195
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    All nice (3 & 5 are favorites), but this one's an epitome of modern urban age... great catch and composition.
    Thanks C.F.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I agree on all counts. +1, for sure!

    And see how you are, Steve... there you go, taunting us again with that lens!!
    Lloyd , i got that lens off of fleabay out of Japan. There's an R 35 Lux on there that i'd love to have also but i must slow down with this craziness! Thanks!

  46. #196
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Steve: +1 on the "man in the window". That is a remarkable photo! I'm not even going to provide any pyscho -babble. I wish, i'd taken it. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  47. #197
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Steve: +1 on the "man in the window". That is a remarkable photo! I'm not even going to provide any pyscho -babble. I wish, i'd taken it. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks Matt! I feel the same way about all of your pics.....I wish i took them!

  48. #198
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    more street...




    Whitey Bulger Wannabee!


    D700, R80 lux

  49. #199
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Steve, would you have some inclination towards tall blondes with red tops?

    Cool ones, both of them, btw

  50. #200
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikon "Street"

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Steve, would you have some inclination towards tall blondes with red tops?

    Cool ones, both of them, btw
    Yes Corlan I Married One! Thanks!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •