The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon "Street"

Lloyd

Street Cont....

Thug!
d700, zf 35 2.0 :)
More amazement, Steve. Love that last one especially. :thumbup:

BTW, I really like your b/w conversions. Are you willing to share your technique? Also, I've been impressed by what I've seen taken with that lens, including these shots. What's your overall impression?

shtarka1

More amazement, Steve. Love that last one especially. :thumbup:

BTW, I really like your b/w conversions. Are you willing to share your technique? Also, I've been impressed by what I've seen taken with that lens, including these shots. What's your overall impression?
Lloyd, the zf 35 & leica r80 lux are my 2 favorite street lenses. The iq is just super crisp & unique!

The conversion usually goes like this, cs3 to silver efex pro. Either use "neutral" or "high structure" & then juice up the contrast & structure slide by 20%. I then go back to cs3 & the "selective color" panel & tweek the black, white & neutral settings maybe 5-10%, then if necessary a slight levels adjustment & thats it.
Try to keep this between just the 2 of us please!;):cool::D

Lloyd

This one's :thumbs:

Nice setup, cool result, Lloyd...
Wonder though whether you froze your er, belly off in the melted ice on this one, or used an angle VF... or guesssed. :rolleyes:
Thanks Corlan. I tried a few different tactics, and did get a little wet and cold. Finally, I just put the camera on the curb and shot a number of times. This was the best of the bunch.

m_driscoll

Lloyd, the zf 35 & leica r80 lux are my 2 favorite street lenses. The iq is just super crisp & unique!

The conversion usually goes like this, cs3 to silver efex pro. Either use "neutral" or "high structure" & then juice up the contrast & structure slide by 20%. I then go back to cs3 & the "selective color" panel & tweek the black, white & neutral settings maybe 5-10%, then if necessary a slight levels adjustment & thats it.
Try to keep this between just the 2 of us please!;):cool::D
Great stuff! I was just going to ask you about your PP; and then i read a little further down (thanks Lloyd). I've been trying to get results as good as yours.

Now the secret's just between the three of us.

Take care in the your storm (the TV news is on).

Cheers,
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Great stuff! I was just going to ask you about your PP; and then i read a little further down (thanks Lloyd). I've been trying to get results as good as yours.

Now the secret's just between the three of us.

Take care in the your storm (the TV news is on).

Cheers,
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks Matt....Thats quite a compliment coming from you!!!
One other thing i favor that i forgot to mention on the PP is i do like the "Darken Corners, Lighten Center " function in Color Efex Pro. Adds that vignetting touch rather nicely at times.
Yeah, we've got a snow storm, with high winds that has been lingering & wont leave! Looks like another dreadfully slow day at work today...:(. Have a Great Sunday guy's...!

Lloyd

"Focus" is Important in life!:bugeyes::D

There is a Svengali effect going on here...or if your a 3 Stooges fan.."SvenGarlic"! "Moe,Larry, the cheese!" (ok , so im a 48yr old man that will never grow up...as my wife says!):p:D
LOL... exactly. (Seems we have a lot in common. So tell your wife it probably won't change much even in another 10 years either! :eek:)