Site Sponsors

Thread: Dog Gossip (testing the 16 - 85)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Dog Gossip (testing the 16 - 85)

Recently I bought the new 16 - 85 VR as a light-weight walkaround alternative to the 17 - 55 on my D200. Happy to report Im quite satisfied with it (but not to the point of selling the 17 - 85).

The big plus is, of course, the compactness; I just cant lug the 17 - 55 on a days walk and still enjoy it, but thats what I do with the 16 - 85. IQ is surprisingly good; there is more "depth" in the 17 - 55 images, and bokeh is a bit better, but for sheer sharpness at, say f/8, it is a draw, really.

Of course the 17 - 55 has faster AF, can be used wide open without qualms, has weather sealing & c, so Im keeping it for when I feel "serious"

Here are two of my friends, gossiping about "that camera nut with yet another new lens"....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Dog Gossip (testing the 16 - 85)

That's a cool shot. The small dog sure does seem to be whispering in the big dog's ear. Just needs one of those talk bubbles above them to fill in what's being said. As in: "Psst, 20 paws ahead on the right, there's a great pile of pigeon stuff. Check it out man!"

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent shot Per.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you, TR and Clay!

I love dogs, and I love shooting them (with a camera, of course );
    in fact, frustration with slower cameras in the presence of dogs was one of the main reasons for me to buy the D200.

Heres another, this time with the 17 - 55. As I said, depth and bokeh is better here (dont know if it shows in these small jpegs..).