The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing the Photographer (D3 Street!)

Arne Hvaring

Great images Jono, you should go to town more often! I particularly like no 3, the Rodin-esque stoic figure to the right juxtaposed with the ducking photograper.

Here's another in the same vein (photographing the Photographer(s)). Although taken with a M8, I suppose content comes before equipment :)

Vine-lovers.

Last edited:

robmac

I don't know what they were shooting, but the stance that the women's holding looks hellishly uncomfortable for doing ANYTHING let alone taking a picture.

V

Vivek

I wouldn't post a picture (even captured accidentally) of any woman caught in such a pose.

jonoslack

Does anyone ever get on there knees anymore. Geez
LOL - well, that's the advantage of an E3 - (flip out LCD and live view). Me? my trousers ALWAYS have dirty knees, and, my elbows are always dirty too (yep, I lie on the ground as well).

As for that lady's pose, well, possibly the three of them aren't quite style icons (at least she's putting some effort into it!).

Lisa

My humble contribution to the genre (from Kyoto, Japan):

I call it "Tradition and Modernity".;)

Lisa

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's another one, taken during a bridge opening. All photographers were taking photos of this huge ummmm.... thing, except one. S3 with Tamron 24-135mm:

etrigan63

Can't see the pic, Jorgen.

Nice capture Lisa, although I don't know how modern that is. the girls are photographing themselves with a disposable film camera ;)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's another one, taken during a bridge opening. All photographers were taking photos of this huge ummmm.... thing, except one. S3 with Tamron 24-135mm:

etrigan63

This is one of my cohort, Jack. We were covering a retirement party Friday night at Black Water Marina.

Maggie O

I really like your #4 photo, Jono! As was said upthread: very sculptural!

Here's a shot from Stockholm with my two passions; photographer and guitarist:

M8, CV Ultron 35/1.7

Maggie O

I can't leave this one, also from Stockholm, out of a thread about photographing photographers:

Same rig as above. Pardon my Leica cooties. ;)