The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Web pages.

jonoslack

Hi There
Each month I do a web page of the previous month (i.e. I've just done the April shots). It gives me a chance to think about what works and what doesn't, and then to cull 95% shots and leave just a few.

April was a busy month - I got the D3 at the start of the month, so I was getting to grip with that and trying to photograph our spring weather.

If you would like to look, here is the link:

Jono's April Galleries

Sorry there are so many - these 126 images are culled from around 3000 shots, of which 750 were 'kept'

Any comments would be very much appreciated (nasty ones too). The pictures are roughly grouped into subjects, but there is a lot of overlap. Most are taken with the D3, but some with the M8, D-lux3, E3 and ricoh. Most of them show which camera was used on the left, and the exif information should be intact.

Everything was shot in RAW and processed in Aperture 2

otumay

I loved your April shots, especially close-ups of household objects. Light is expertly handled, compositions are brilliant. I always thought I'd use D3 for architectural shots if I ever buy one, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this camera being used for close-up purposes. My congratulations...
Kind regards,
Osman

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
So many beautifull images, Jono, congrats with April. Impressive keeper rate by the way, far bigger than mine I'm sure.
I still love the "Polish Ponies Sleeping" and also "The Candle in the Window" and ... and ... far too many to mention them all :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jono, your photography is very close. Close to the subject, close to home. I like that. It's hard to pick favourites, since they are all good, but I particularly like the wash-basin shots.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Congratulations on a fruitful month. You have more wonderful keepers here than I have in a year. I'm already looking forward to next month.:p

ecliffordsmith

Hi Jono,

You have some very nice images in your April collection.

Image 84 struck me with its dramatic sky especially. I love the big Suffolk skies!

You are making me yearn for a pint of Adnam's though. Still I cant really complain being in Belgium and all!

jonoslack

HI There

I was pleasantly surprised to see this camera being used for close-up purposes. My congratulations...
Kind regards,
Osman
Thank you Osman - it's lovely for close up work, and I keep getting pleasantly surprised with the bokeh on the 105 macro.

I still love the "Polish Ponies Sleeping" and also "The Candle in the Window" and ... and ... far too many to mention them all :)
Thanks Steen - too many kept for sure (dunno about keepers!) . . I'm always trying to get the boss to throw out her junk, but I'm worse. It's referred to in the family from the Elvis Costello album:
"All this useless Beauty":)

You shoot more in a month than I do in a year!
Nice pix, though
Hi Bertie
I think it's called an obsession :eek: - Thank you, but I just wish they were better!

Jono, your photography is very close. Close to the subject, close to home. I like that. It's hard to pick favourites, since they are all good, but I particularly like the wash-basin shots.
Thank you Jorgen - you hit the nail on the head! My aim is really to open people's eyes to the beauty around them, or possibly just to open MY eyes to it!
Close is it.

Congratulations on a fruitful month. You have more wonderful keepers here than I have in a year. I'm already looking forward to next month.:p
Hi Cindy
Thank you! You should just see the rubbish! There seem to be even more from May - whether they're keepers is a different thing.

Hi Jono,

You have some very nice images in your April collection.

Image 84 struck me with its dramatic sky especially. I love the big Suffolk skies!

You are making me yearn for a pint of Adnam's though. Still I cant really complain being in Belgium and all!
Hi There Clifford
Does your Father live around here? The house looked a little east anglian.
As for the Adnams - gives me a migraine as often as not so I've had to give up on it. The skies are good though!

Glad you liked the shots - thank you for looking

ecliffordsmith

Hi Jono,

I grew up in northern Essex but fathers side of the family has lived in Suffolk in the past. The last family member that lived there was an uncle who lived in Iken. That must have been a good decade ago that he left though.

I often drive up to Dunwich beach with my brother when I am in the UK to take his dogs to the beach. A lovely area, but you obviously know that!

Knorp

Hidiho Jono,
Though they are all lovely, I find the bathroom sink quite special.
And I'm glad to see you saved a few for the old M :salute:
Looking forward to May ...

jonoslack

Hi Jono,

I grew up in northern Essex but fathers side of the family has lived in Suffolk in the past. The last family member that lived there was an uncle who lived in Iken. That must have been a good decade ago that he left though.

I often drive up to Dunwich beach with my brother when I am in the UK to take his dogs to the beach. A lovely area, but you obviously know that!
Hi Clifford
Northern Essex is lovely - especially around Saffron Walden and Thaxted. We used to go to Iken 'cliffs' sometimes, nice area. We often go to Dunwich, I think it probably has the best fish and chips in the world (in the pub, not on the beach).
It's still very rural around here, and not nearly as chichi as Dunwich and Walberswick. I like it :)

jonoslack

Hidiho Jono,
Though they are all lovely, I find the bathroom sink quite special.
And I'm glad to see you saved a few for the old M :salute:
Looking forward to May ...
HI Bart
Thank you - the old M still gets used a lot, and will probably end up being the main player again soon. I've always been a one camera person in the past, but it seems to be less and less easy to get a 'do it all' system.

Glad you liked them - I'll be in Holland tomorrow (Bergen op Zoom tomorrow night and then working in Moerdijk for 3 days.