The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First shots with new 35mm 1.4 G

D&A

Jason, if you haven't shot with one yet, you're going to be very impressed...especially for indoor exsting light shots wide open.

Dave

Dave,

I played with one in the store. My lil f2 just could grab focus, but I can shoot handheld 1/3d of a second pretty well. I would have liked the extra stop on my D3.

I was very impressed with the glass.

D&A

Completely agree Jason. The new 24mm f1.4 & 35mm f1.4 I found were both equally superb...it was just a matter of which focal length was right for the job. I think what brings these lenses into the relm of being eminently useful for low light handheld work is wide open performance. Previously the domain of that belonged to Leica (especally at the wide end) with many SLR manufactures fast glass only having the advantage of being brighter and easier to manually focus when used wide open yet optically were lacking at f1.4. These two fast wide angle lenses have certainly changed all that.

Dave (D&A)