The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dpreview review of the D7000

Terry

I'm with Roman on this one.
Every camera has it's own character . . . and that doesn't just mean every model of camera.
My M9s expose differently, so did my two E1s.
You just get to know what's going on and keep a look at the histogram.
If I fancied the D7000 for other reasons, then I certainly wouldn't let a little remark like that from dPreview put me off.

. . . . and anyway, it was a really GOOD review.
I certainly wasn't in any way implying that someone should stay away from this camera. My initial comment was simply asking a question about the exposure. In the review they talked about overexposure and I was wondering real life users in the field were making similar comments.

jonoslack

I certainly wasn't in any way implying that someone should stay away from this camera. My initial comment was simply asking a question about the exposure. In the review they talked about overexposure and I was wondering real life users in the field were making similar comments.
HI Terry
I'm sure that 'real life users' will be saying everything, both with respect to the exposure and everything else.

Perhaps I should get one of these, so that I've got the 'complete set' of cameras with the new Sony sensor:ROTFL:

Leigh

You can't expect the exposure to be correct unless you disable all of the automatic features.

For example, the camera has 18 (eighteen) different ways to interpret a scene, and try to read your mind as it applies post-processing to the acquired image. Unless the people who designed the algorithm know exactly what you expect, their results won't match your desires.

- Leigh

m_driscoll

I think it's a stunning camera! I've had it since mid-Oct and haven't had any "exposure" problems that i thought were the camera's fault. I also haven't read the review in DPreview. IMHO, It's much better then the D300 that I used to have, and, closing in on the D700. Cheers, Matt.

D7000; 24-120mm f/4 VR; 1/100s @ f/4; ISO 400

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com