The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Removing AA filter.

R

Ronan

Never removed AA filters from any of my Nikon DSLR's... never had an issue with them.

I have 'seen' some stuff posted online... but IDK... if Nikon puts it there... theirs a reason.

I have also never been a fan to pay more for less :p

T

tokengirl

Why can't they do this test with a commonly used Nikon lens, instead of some weird lens that practically no one uses with a D700 in real life?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Removing AA filter

At some rare occasions the moiré pattern can be very distinct in images from a sensor without Anti-Aliasing filter.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=211925

Still, I'd like to see Nikon make DSLRs without AA filters some day, though obviously the filter is there for a reason, in most cameras.

I'd be willing to deal with the occasional problem, and thereby gain some more crisp sharpness in general.