The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Sometimes, I wish that... sometimes, I think too much :)

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 135mm and f/2.8

Oh, and I like the colours that I get from the D80 much better than those from the D300. Much better. I consider picking up a D200. Or should I consider a Kodak? Or another Fuji?
A beautiful image, of a beautiful young woman. I know what you mean about the color of the D300. I like mine, but the colors can be a little harsh. I found that processing makes a difference. I like the skin tones better from Capture One. (even though overall I prefer Lightroom and PS5) That might be a way to go rather than a new camera.

Lloyd

Bought myself a set of macro tubes - because we're in a downpour today, I thought I'd stay undercover and start processing some pics I took with them.
Many fun possibilities with those tubes. Nice shot here. Looking forward to more.

Lloyd

Our dear friend had a nasty car accident in which her SUV flipped 5 times on Interstate 95... just before she was entering residency to become a cardiothoracic surgeon.

Miraculously only her left arm was severely hurt, she needed several skin grafts to patch it back together. Fortunately her arm also retained full function, altho she needs to continue with painful rehab exercises.
Ouch! Glad she's on the mend. A flower to help her recovery.

Tim
Yikes!! Miraculous indeed! I join Tim in wishing her a speedy recover!

Lloyd

I haven't posted on this great thread for a while (work and the like..) but I have managed to push the button a few times. Here are some from last winter that I never got around to post. All with D3x and Zeiss glass.

(Btw. and OT, does anyone know how to delete images from the gallery, I seem to have run out of space. Thanks)
Some breathtaking shots, Arne. Nice to see you posting here again too. :salute:

rayyan

I've got some serious catching up to do, which I hope to get to soon. Great shots everyone!

In the meantime, here's one from the weekend:

We went to cheer on a friend in a local marathon early Saturday morning. While waiting for him to appear at about mile 9, right at the crest of a large hill, I noticed this young woman wearing an Ironman visor. As I raised my camera, she saw me, and this is the result.

(One post script: I looked her up in the results and then on Facebook, and found we knew people in common. I got a copy of this to her, and she was more than thrilled. It's already her Facebook profile picture. BTW, she has six kids!)

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII @ 200mm, f2.8, 1/1250, ISO 400
Lloyd, wonderful moment, and beautifully captured. She shall treasure this capture!!:thumbs::thumbs:

rayyan

I haven't posted on this great thread for a while (work and the like..) but I have managed to push the button a few times. Here are some from last winter that I never got around to post. All with D3x and Zeiss glass.

(Btw. and OT, does anyone know how to delete images from the gallery, I seem to have run out of space. Thanks)

Wonderful captures all of them Arne. This one is a standout for me.:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.