The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcrane

Here are a few more from our excursion to D.C. in early June:

Changing of the Guard Ceremony, Arlington. D3S, 70-200VR

Arlington, D3S, 17-35

Atrium at the Grand Hyatt, D3S, 17-35

m_driscoll

Thank you Joe. I'd been wandering around D.C. that night for hours with my tripod and was about to pack it in when I was resting at the Washington Monument and looked up and thought, "hey, that would be a nice shot to finish on." D.C. is an exceptional place to shoot after dark. So much light, structure, color, action... there were many photogs out wandering just as I was and I had the opportunity to talk to many of them. Great fun and highly recommended.

John: The more, I look at your flag photo, the more I like it. It doesn't have the "in your face" attitude that photos of the flag sometimes have. More narrative and more depth to it.

The last set is also quite nice. Lots to photograph in DC. I especially like the composition in "Changing..".

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

Balloonist's Prayer

May the winds welcome you with softness.
May the sun bless you with its warm hands.
May you fly so high and so well that God
joins you in laughter and sets you gently
back into the loving arms of Mother Earth.

From the Panguitch Valley Balloon Rally last weekend. All with the D3s, 28-70/2.8
Amazing, Lloyd!!!!

rayyan

JB, that is a marvellous shot.:thumbs:

Teenage grizzlies in the Khutzeymateen. Newly discovered, or, reprocessed. Not sure which?

2. D3; 500mm f/4; 1/800s @ f/4; ISO 900

Cheers, Matt

Matt, I like this one for its intimacy. Lovely, from afar I guess.:thumbup:

shtarka1

Arlington, D3S, 17-35

Atrium at the Grand Hyatt, D3S, 17-35
Powerful,Creative,Excellent John!
Teenage grizzlies in the Khutzeymateen. Newly discovered, or, reprocessed. Not sure which?

1. D3; 500mm f/4; 1/800s @ f/4; ISO 1250

2. D3; 500mm f/4; 1/800s @ f/4; ISO 900

Cheers, Matt

Matt, there's always a deep breath & a Wow after every Grizzly shot! Love these!:thumbs:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Bears, balloons, and honor guards...over and over ...puhleeze! Fine pictures, but repetition dulls...and wearing out my scrolling finger.

Roy Benson

Lloyd

Bears, balloons, and honor guards...over and over ...puhleeze! Fine pictures, but repetition dulls...and wearing out my scrolling finger.

Roy Benson
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Your previous mention of your preference was noted. Posters, as you can see, will do as they feel is appropriate. And, it's also true with comments, as with quoted images, making them "over and over ...puhleeze!" Fine "comments, "but repetition dulls".

shtarka1

Roy Benson
Roy, Repetition in these cases show signs of admiration & respect. I understand your point but disagree with your tact. As for "wearing out your scrolling finger"...:thumbdown:

Lloyd

These are terrific, John. That "changing of the guard shot in particular"!

Cheers, Matt

Awesome shots, Matt. Glad you found (or reprocessed) them. I love the look in the eye of the bottom bear in the lower image. Great catch.

Amazing, Lloyd!!!!
Thank you Ashwin. Much appreciated.

rayyan

Roy Benson
Lloyd, had responded to a similar post ( In, I think post #27xx ).

I am with Lloyd and Steve in their responses to this gentleman's post.

About the scrolling finger...

Take care you all.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Your previous mention of your preference was noted. Posters, as you can see, will do as they feel is appropriate. And, it's also true with comments, as with quoted images, making them "over and over ...puhleeze!" Fine "comments, "but repetition dulls".
Roy, Repetition in these cases show signs of admiration & respect. I understand your point but disagree with your tact. As for "wearing out your scrolling finger"...:thumbdown:
Lloyd, had responded to a similar post ( In, I think post #27xx ).

I am with Lloyd and Steve in their responses to this gentleman's post.

About the scrolling finger...

Take care you all.
+3: Plus it's much more joyful to take a second or even third look at great pictures than reading repetitive complaints like those.

Since there's no risk, that they are repeated to death right now :D, two from the Munich underground:

"In Between"

D 700, AF-S 24/1.4G @ f/4.5 & ISO 2000

"City Lights"

D 700, AF-S 24/1.4G @ f4.5 & ISO 2000

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.