The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcrane

DCPD, Washington D.C.

Food Court, Smithsonian

FDDC, Washington D.C.
OK, so these weren't made with my Nikon digital, but they were made with my Nikon F6 and digi-tized ;-). All on the new Provia 400 (fabulous film).
Please don't shoot me.

Lloyd

OK, so these weren't made with my Nikon digital, but they were made with my Nikon F6 and digi-tized ;-). All on the new Provia 400 (fabulous film).
Please don't shoot me.
All nice shots, John. Especially like the fireman shot.

No sweat on the F6. The thread is "Nikon Images", not just Nikon digital. :thumbup:

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Steve - gorgeous monochromes and presentation, definatelly welcome and very nice eye candy too...and thanks for the kind comments guys... Don

jbcrane

Hey all...here are a couple from my Nikon bodies...
Don-that shot of Half Dome was made in some mighty beautiful light. But that Antelope image- just gorgeous. Nice job of controlling your range and framing out the hot spots. Not easy to do there.

Lloyd

Meet Monica, Mimi's friend and work colleague. This shot is from last Saturday, just minutes after she finished "The Spartan Race", where she ran 8 miles through the hills of the Olympic XC skiing venue at Soldier Hollow.

Along the way, among other things (I only got shots of a few of the obstacles), she and about 2000 of her best friends:

Dragged or carried 75lb concrete blocks up a 22% grade, and then carried them back down again:

Crawled on their bellies for 30 yards, under barbed wire:

Jumped over fire (though some were genuinely terrified by this):

Negotiated (alone or with help) the water and mud hazards:

And then, fought their way past the Gladiators standing in front of the finishline:

Bloodied, but unbowed, they loved it:

All with the D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII

Last edited:

shtarka1

Meet Monica, Mimi's friend and work colleague. This shot is from last Saturday, just minutes after she finished "The Spartan Race", where she ran 8 miles through the hills of the only Olympic XC skiing venue at Soldier Hollow.

Bloodied, but unbowed, they loved it:

Tremendous Athleticism, Fortitude & A Little "Mishooga"! Fantastic Captures Lloyd!

rayyan

Meet Monica, Mimi's friend and work colleague. This shot is from last Saturday, just minutes after she finished "The Spartan Race", where she ran 8 miles through the hills of the only Olympic XC skiing venue at Soldier Hollow.

Lloyd: The venue, The color, The comp, The moment you pressed the shutter

are masterful. This is an outstanding series I am seeing from you.

I might even add, one of the very best I have seen here.:salute:

jbcrane

Crawled on their bellies for 30 yards, under barbed wire:

Lloyd, these are fanastic. The one of her jumping over the fire and the long-shot of them crawling beneath the barbed wire are my 2 favorites. You're really doing some wonderful work with the D3S. Great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.