The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Have No Fear, Momma Is Here...

D700, 105, 1.8 ais:)
Steve, For me such simple photos arethe best captures one can make. And you make them wonderfully.:salute:

p.s Imagine the world is at an end. A person can take only one photo with him/her.
Which one do you think they would choose?

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
A few days on the road and so many -truly- marvelous shots filling these pages... will need some time to catch up :watch: :salute:

shtarka1

Steve, For me such simple photos arethe best captures one can make. And you make them wonderfully.:salute:

p.s Imagine the world is at an end. A person can take only one photo with him/her.
Which one do you think they would choose?
Much Obliged My Friend!!!
A few days on the road and so many -truly- marvelous shots filling these pages... will need some time to catch up :watch: :salute:
C, Nice To See You Buddy!

Lloyd

Ok. I'll get punched if someone (I bet you can guess who) finds out I posted these. Mimi's been looking for a new job, and had a couple of interviews this past week. She has a friend who does wardrobe and image consulting, who helped her choose the outfits she wore to the interviews. The friend asked for some pictures for her blog, so I took these in the backyard a couple of days ago, right after Mimi got home from an interview. The background isn't the greatest, but I'm kinda fond of the subject.

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII:

Big octabox to her right, and a bare strobe to the left and behind her.

(She doesn't like that last one, btw. Says she looks "like a poser". :LOL:)

shtarka1

Ok. I'll get punched if someone (I bet you can guess who) finds out I posted these. Mimi's been looking for a new job, and had a couple of interviews this past week. She has a friend who does wardrobe and image consulting, who helped her choose the outfits she wore to the interviews. The friend asked for some pictures for her blog, so I took these in the backyard a couple of days ago, right after Mimi got home from an interview. The background isn't the greatest, but I'm kinda fond of the subject.

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII:

(She doesn't like that last one, btw. Says she looks "like a poser". :LOL:)
Show Stopping,Drop Dead Gorgeous My Brotha!!!!!!!!!!!:bugeyes::thumbs::salute:

rayyan

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII:

Lloyd, all I shall say is you are a very very very very lucky man.:thumbs:

And to her our warmest regards.:salute:

dmeckert

great shots...and i promise i won't tell ;) lol

i actually don't mind the background one bit, since the colors are harmonious. the foliage and fence are like more intense versions of the dress and skin.

best of luck to her on the job too!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
(...one week late... hence the page # references...)

-pages 57 & 58-

Tim: love the girls shot through the windshield. Reflections and colors give a very tridimensional look.

John: great stuff as always. Digital or Analog. Another proof that it's all about the photographer...
The Rifle Presentation is quite impressive.

Matt: bears from the vault are getting better and better. Definitely book material. Love them both... the second one is close to perfection (maybe slightly less yellowish greens for the background?).
They're truly awesome.

Hermann: though i understand -and admire- the geometric intricacy and complexity of "In Between", i just love the astonishing weird elegance of "City Lights" -including the "grey bag".
Those would make great exhibit pieces once printed huge. Everyday life snaps, or not.

Btw, interesting hiatus between the two series, Matt's and yours. One of the perks of such forums i guess. Especially this one.

Rayyan: Women back from the fields is an amazing photo. As usual with your work it's respectful and authentic... on top of being technically superlative.
This one shot in particular.

-page 59-

Steve: the Golden Apollo set is absolutely gorgeous. All could be favorites (3-4-5 in particular?), but the first one's so cute that i can't take my eyes off it. Seriously.
(btw, i thought you were pretty much exclusively into old companions... is it "yours"?)

Wizard Lizard all good too.. but again that first one is stupendiferous!!
(as is #4)

"Lost at sea" is excellent. You really make this 105 sing.

David: love the set, and again nice model. FWIW, i think that the one you posted here is my fav...

Matto: Haunting indeed!

John: Provia looks great all the way. The firefighters are just spot on.

-pages 60 & 61-

Steve: i don't get "Don't Even Go There...". Please elaborate.
:D

More seriously: Sail Boston is pure magic.
Hope you'll soon have "large prints for sail".

And yes, Momma's Here is among your best. But there's so many...

I must say you've really been on a roll lately, bro!

Arne: lovely work as usual. Great light, great colors, greats dynamic range, great composition and details. Unseasonal perhaps, but certainly a joy to behold.

Don: great shots. Love the composition on the sculpture. Half Dome simply has an Ansel Adams quality to it.

Lloyd: Spartan Race is an impressive event. Looks like the kind of things you'd love to do, but actually don't.
A day well documented by your set. Jump over Fire is extremely well captured. Mud Pit makes you realize that, hm, maybe not so fun after all.
Is it "mens sana"? "Corpore sano"? Maybe both... or neither.

There's something seriously wrong with your porch view. The more shots you show from there, the more it sounds like a (mind blowing) hyperspace portal of some kind. Incredible colors.

Not sure i have anything original to say about Mimi's last set, the guys said it all. "Gorgeous", "lucky"... definitely. And i do agree with David re the background -couldn't find better words there either.
Sincerely it's splendid, the outfit, the model, the photos. Best of luck hunting for the new job!
(though i'd bet it shouldn't be too much of a problem)

Lloyd

Show Stopping,Drop Dead Gorgeous My Brotha!!!!!!!!!!!:bugeyes::thumbs::salute:
Lloyd, all I shall say is you are a very very very very lucky man.:thumbs:

And to her our warmest regards.:salute:
great shots...and i promise i won't tell ;) lol

i actually don't mind the background one bit, since the colors are harmonious. the foliage and fence are like more intense versions of the dress and skin.

best of luck to her on the job too!
Not sure i have anything original to say about Mimi's last set, the guys said it all. "Gorgeous", "lucky"... definitely. And i do agree with David re the background -couldn't find better words there either.
Sincerely it's splendid, the outfit, the model, the photos. Best of luck hunting for the new job!
(though i'd bet it shouldn't be too much of a problem)
Thank you all, Gentlemen. Very much appreciated. And yes, you are correct, Rayyan, I am, in more ways than you can imagine, a very, very, very, very lucky man. True story!

Status
Not open for further replies.