The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

A friend here asked me what my city looks like. Like any other big city, I guess.

Take the first exit right and then a U-turn, a little ways down you shall arrive at my house.

Keep going straight in the extreme left lane for about a 1000 kms and you shall
be in Makkah, the Holiest City in Islam and for the Muslims.

You are headed west.

CNovick

I know that this will probably "off-topic", but I couldn't find a forum to put it in, and as this is where I'm best known, I figured that I'd start here.

The New York State Dept. of Environmental Conservation is holding a photo contest for the International Year of Forests and this is the web address for it. I, myself, can't enter it (because that's where I work), but maybe there is interest here.

Once again, my apologies for being off-topic.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/75396.html

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Steve: Very nice set! Love the simple compositions, the strength of your subject comes barreling through. My favorite is No. 2. There's something about the color that really appeals to me. Nice work.

Tim

Lloyd

Love the smile here. There is a timeless quality to the image. Very nice.

Here is something smoooth!! Non granular.

Non Tri-x; D700; legs are unshaven too!!
Smooth indeed! :LOL:

More granular here. Interesting portrait.

A friend here asked me what my city looks like. Like any other big city, I guess.

Take the first exit right and then a U-turn, a little ways down you shall arrive at my house.

Keep going straight in the extreme left lane for about a 1000 kms and you shall
be in Makkah, the Holiest City in Islam and for the Muslims.

You are headed west.
This shot is impressive. Clearly looks to have been shot from a vehicle, and yet the starburst effect from the lights is typical only when using a very small aperture. How did you manage to use a high enough shutter speed to stop the motion, get the starburst and still get a decent exposure? Nicely done. (oh, and now we know the way, you just may get some company dropping by! :D)

Lloyd

... oh, and anime style contact lenses seem to be the rage at the moment. I can live with that I guess :D

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 112mm and f/4.0

More from the races :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 165mm and f/2.8

Great stuff, as always, Jorgen. That Mr. Bean car cracks me up. However, these two stand out for me. Hmm... can't quite put my finger on why that is. :D: (That last one makes me smile, for sure. :thumbup:)

shtarka1

Bottle Of Red, Bottle Of White...

FM3A, ZF 35 2.0, Portra 160
Last One, F6, 50 1.4G Portra 160:smile::)

Lloyd

as promised, some from the last shoot i finished retouching. no pretty girl factor here either...it was boy week, seemingly. lol

aspiring fitness model.

a little artsy:

and a little faux b&w film/faux terry richardson (i realize this style isn't for everyone):

all d300 + 28-70...varying degrees of post-processing. first shot and headshot are 22" beauty dish main, 86" plms on the sides, plus bg lights. the medicine ball and artsy one are PLM main + PLM side + BG. the last one is a shoe-mounted SB600 with +3.0 exposure compensation on the flash.
Nice work, David. The one with the hoodie is my fav of the set. That last one is very kewl, however. Very much like a shot I recall of Muhammad Ali.

Status
Not open for further replies.