The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcrane

A few new images from Smith Rock SP in Central Oregon....

After the stars came out.....

Its one of my favorite places in Oregon to visit.

Roman
Roman, beautiful shot here - it has a bit of a surreal feel to it... I like how you've offset the blues at frame left with the more oranges in the rocks to frame right. Well done.

jbcrane

Well I have LOTS to catch up on. For those of you who are working pro photographers, do you have problems taking pictures of significant others? My wife HATES it. But this time, she wanted the pictures, so I had to oblige... with good reason as you'll see....

Jason, these are just beautiful. What a wonderful gift to have - for the whole family - as the child grows. My wife and son HATE having their photo taken, and I can't blame them. It seems I'm always making some excuse to take their picture... this morning it was to "test a batch of expired Ektachrome 160T..." yeh, that's what I'm doing... testing film... hold still a moment, will ya please...?"
Nice job on these.

RomanJohnston

John, that is two seperate shots. I dont have the newest flippy dippy insane high ISO camera out there, so I am stuck with the older trick of one frame after dusk while some minor ambient light is still bouncing around our atmosphere. Then I just leave the camera on the tripod, wait a few hours and take the stars portion of the shot. Process both as they appeared, and walla. I have a starry night shot with the blend of two night shots.

Hoping this year, I can get the D5100 for just this purpose. I don't want or need Full Frame, this little DX camera is better at high ISO and shadow recovery as well as Dynamic Range of the D3X. The sensor is all I will need, and I get to dabble in movies and get the articulating screen which I am seriously looking forward to. (and why I wolnt go with the D7000 or my D300 replacment when it comes out. Most of my work that sells is about perspective, and that articulating screen will be a serious help.

Roman

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've spent the last two days travelling around Bangkok with a food journalist. Very interesting and rather hectic. We visited seven luxury restaurants yesterday, ending our day around 22.00 hrs. Today was a lot more lax, with only a wine tasting on the program. Here's the wine farmer, Khun Visooth, who presented wine that I would never have thought was made in this country. Great experience!

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 48mm and F/4.0

RomanJohnston

One from the archives. Working on learning my B&W Conversions. Yeah...I know I am in the masters back yard, so don't hang me. :)

Roman

Lloyd

I've spent the last two days travelling around Bangkok with a food journalist. Very interesting and rather hectic. We visited seven luxury restaurants yesterday, ending our day around 22.00 hrs. Today was a lot more lax, with only a wine tasting on the program. Here's the wine farmer, Khun Visooth, who presented wine that I would never have thought was made in this country. Great experience!

Jorgen, that must have a Delicious time!:) Wonderful image!
Yes, what Steve said... on both counts. :thumbup:

RomanJohnston

[/QUOTE]

Ok...you know how you can see faces in a rock face sometimes?

Now.....do not hold me responsible for what my mind sees here...but on the right side of the picture. The long edge of the chair coming out of the glasses, does this look questionable to anyone?

I thought someone was giving me the bird when I first scrolled by it. (you know...like those big foam fingers you see at major sporting events)

Don't shoot me...I'm just the messenger.

Roman

Last edited:

dmeckert

Ok...you know how you can see faces in a rock face sometimes?

Now.....do not hold me responsible for what my mind sees here...but on the right side of the picture. The long edge of the chair coming out of the glasses, does this look questionable to anyone?

I thought someone was giving me the bird when I first scrolled by it. (you know...like those big foam fingers you see at major sporting events)

Don't shoot me...I'm just the messenger.

Roman
absolutely not...it's just you roman

:p

i see what you mean now that it's pointed out. and now every time i scroll by i see it as something completely different, though still middle finger related. lmao (i'm around way too many teenagers on a daily basis...it does things to the mind. hahaha)

RomanJohnston

absolutely not...it's just you roman

:p

i see what you mean now that it's pointed out. and now every time i scroll by i see it as something completely different, though still middle finger related. lmao (i'm around way too many teenagers on a daily basis...it does things to the mind. hahaha)
Ah HA! Thats the common ground....Teenagers!!!!!:loco:

Roman

Charles2

About "After the stars came out..."

About "After the stars came out..."

It is two excellent photos in one. Use the auto-adjust in free viewer Fast Stone, for example, and you see the second photo. I guess it is a testament to what modern sensors can capture in 30 seconds of low light - in capable hands.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys. Yesterday, back to the race circuit. 6 hours endurance race. Most of the action was in the pit lane (sorry, no ladies).

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 105mm and f/2.8

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 135mm and f/3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.