The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Very nice, Conrad. I love your part of the world this time of year. My son moved his family from Virginia to Clifton Park, NY in October three years ago. I helped with the move, and was quite taken with the beautiful fall colors.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Hey kids. Too much work but took the day off for some R&R. At a friends house while his grand kids were playing outside.

Best,
Tim

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There's an abundance of water in the lowlands of Thailand, particularly during monsoon season. This year is the worst in a very long time, and since Thai houses are not any longer built on stilts but on the ground, and since transport is mostly by road rather than by boat, the consequences are rather disastrous. Hundreds of thousands, or millions, have lost their homes, jobs or both, in a disaster that some have predicted but few tried to prevent. A big setback for Thailand, its people and its industries.

Those with power keep saying that Bangkok is safe. That depends on how one defines Bangkok, but as for now, the city center is dry. As if that matters... of well. Last year, the flooding started around this time, so there's probably a couple of weeks left of this mess to make the wheels of the all important luxury limousines on the streets of the capital wet too. Time will show.

D300 with 70-300 ED @ 300mm and f/5.6

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
No Fun

Tough times for all those people who have been hurt by this.
What would you consider the best way of giving them a hand in this situation ?
Any organisations to help those who have lost everything ?

Take care, Jorgen.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Difficult to say, Steen. At the moment, things are rather chaotic, and the government is trying to sort it out themselves. The tricky part is that it's unpredictable. Still, they try to save face by saying that they have control. But they don't, and nobody can. It's the weather, and there are simply not enough places for the rain to go.

Cities in Central Thailand were established when people lived with the water. They could cope with it because architecture and transportation were designed to handle floods. Now, the people of Thailand live a westernized life, which isn't very practical when the river is running through your house instead of under it. Add to that the blocking of many of the ways that the water used to run and deforestation of a major part of the country, and things are not looking good.

There will be many weeks before we see the results of all this. There will be many personal tragedies, people who lose everything they own and people who will be out of work. How to help? I don't know yet.

Photojazz

Creeped out by the morgue and all those wheelchair shots. I am not sure my shutter could hold steady in there with me running the other direction.

CNovick

Took myself a trip into the adirondack high peaks this past weekend. Cold, rainy, cold, windy, cold, etc. (I gotta quit doing this to myself). Anyway, got a nice pic of the Boreas River on my excursion!

dmeckert

howdy fellas...long time no see. apologies. i've been busy with work, and haven't shot anything in a while. and have basically hiding from everything. lol

anywho...had a test shoot today in a new location, with an awesome model. while i was there, i think i may have accidentally taken a decent landscape photo. i'm shocked. lol.

accidental decent landscape photo?

awesome model:

for more images of the model, check out the "fun with medium format" thread...there are a bunch in there. this was my first shoot with the mamiya/leaf as my main camera.

cheers :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I haven't bored you this year with any fall leaf shots, so I thought it was about time. The season is just too colorful to let go by without recording a few shots of the decay. Those colored leaves are like candy somehow and pretty hard to resist.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.