The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

Yes it happens so quickly.
Ten days ago I photographed these leaves from a climbing plant from the grape family (lat. Parthenocissus), don't know its English name.
Today most of the leaves are gone.
Oh well, five months and spring is here - "can’t wait" as we use to say :rolleyes:
I wish I had some blue sky in my picture like you have, Tim, your picture is very beautiful.

©

click for larger (3.4 Mb) - in some browsers the F11 key maximizes and again minimizes <-> the web browser window

© • Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100mm ZF • 1/160 sec at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thank you Steen! Your shot is great too! I love the deep red and the lacework of the veins. Good to remember these warm rich colors when we enter the cold and grey season ahead.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

and while we are at it: urban fall

©

click for larger (4.1 Mb) - in some browsers the F11 key maximizes and again minimizes <-> the web browser window

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/85mm G • 1/250 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

rayyan

Lloyd..lovely portraits, lovely subjects, superb lighting.

Jorgen, excellent composition and PJ of a not easy time for the country.

Steen, brilliant autumn colors. I wish we had those colors here. Or just the greens!!

Excellent work guys.:thumbs:

Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

and while we are at it: urban fall
Steen: Like the subliminal impact of both autumnal pictures, but particularly mood and composition of #2. :thumbs:

Rayyan: Nice, you're back! :salute: Hope the card issue could be fixed after all und you enjoyed your journey nevertheless!

rayyan

Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

Rayyan: Nice, you're back! :salute: Hope the card issue could be fixed after all und you enjoyed your journey nevertheless!
Hermann, nice to be back. The D700 is with Nikon and may take a loong time to be back.

Regards.

Thank you for your kind words, all of you. Still somewhat humid here.
Jørgen: Again great PJ and again superb composition; but best of all the message: as horrible as the circumstances are, those children and as well the man in the BG apparently haven't forgotten how to laugh - admirable in every way! :thumbup:

rayyan

Jorgen, the ' sea train ' is an excellent PJ capture. The ability of the Thais to be able to smile in the face of adversity is to be admired.

Stay safe.

Regards.

dmeckert

so...i picked up a d700 today. along with an 85/1.8 and 80-200/2.8, and sb600, from a local photographer switching back to film.

was just fiddling 'round in the kitchen after getting home, showing dad the new toys. these are a couple snaps of him, at ISO 6400, under warm fluorescent kitchen lighting (i think he was checking out the sb600, which he has spoken for, on his d2x). both with the 80-200, incidentally. thought they were kinda cool with a little tweaking in LR.

my plan is to see if FF is gonna do it for me with regards to a dimensional look to images, and then possibly flip the kit. or keep it, sell the MFD kit, and pick up a d800 when it arrives next year.

dmeckert

Very nice Daves! Congrats on the new kit. I have a feeling you're going to like it.
thanks, Lloyd. :D

i have the same feeling. the decision is, will it or the MFD earn its permanent place in the ol' gear bag. can't keep it all, sadly.

the viewfinder is great, and it feels ever so slightly snappier than the d300 in operation.

Lloyd

fantastic shots lloyd. :D

first one's definitely my favorite. i'm in a shallow DOF state of mind these days. everything just falls into place, for me, on that one.
Easy to see who took those portraits, Lloyd. Great work as usual.
Wonderful shots Lloyd! I really like the luminescent, glowy quality to the light you set up.
Beautifully done Lloyd! Especially that first shot. Very natural feeling light. The others are also well done, but there's something about the woman' outfit that seems odd in that setting. Maybe the boots? Still, you can't be held responsible for that. Very nice work!

Tim
Lloyd: Nicely done autumnal portraits, very romantic looking, particularly the first one.
Lloyd: Excellent! This is my favorite: pose, expression, color, and framing. :thumb up:

Tim, just doesn't realize that these boots are 'De Rigueur' for for a Utah sportswoman. :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Very Hot, Bro!
Lloyd..lovely portraits, lovely subjects, superb lighting.
Thank you all... very much appreciated. Yes Tim, I thought the boots were a little out of place, but the mother thinks herself quite the fashion maven, so what's guy gonna do? :roll eyes:

Rayyan, great to see you back, my friend. Hope you had a great trip, the issues with the camera notwithstanding.

Lloyd

Jorgen: Great shots of the flooding, very much a "life goes on" look. Hard to imagine living with that for so long.

Tim: Stunning fall color, and fall hunting shots.

Steen: Beautiful autumn images. Love the light!

Status
Not open for further replies.