The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The All New Fun with Nikon Images

Gorgeous Tokyo view, Chung.

Love your canyon model shots, Lloyd. Like you said: “These are all pretty …” ;) (admittedly not the full quote)

Beautiful falls in The Forks, Bryan

Jorgen, you really nail the admirable resilience and adaptability of the Thai people in this serious situation. Take care.

I like your portraits in the sparse light and the deep shadows with your new kit, Daves.

And Jan, those late afternoon and sunset bird shots are soo beautiful. Awesome lightings. Beside being a photographer, are you also a birder ?

And lots of thanks to Tim, Rayyan, Hermann, and Lloyd for the kind words on my autumn lightings.

Photojazz

I personally think a photo of dead wildlife in a hunter's hands are wait out of place here. We appreciate photographing their majesty, and spirit, and grandness alive. Not their cold and lifeless corpse, sent their by some hunter that has to have his kill. That said, I know deer are becoming to plentiful in some ares, and I guess controls must be established for population. However, seeing it at a photography forum to me is over the line. For me that's not fun, it's just sickening.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've found the ideal city car for Bangkok. This from the ring motorway around the City of Angels today, road number 9 at Tanyaburi.

D300 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 AF @ f/4.0

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I personally think a photo of dead wildlife in a hunter's hands are wait out of place here. We appreciate photographing their majesty, and spirit, and grandness alive. Not their cold and lifeless corpse, sent their by some hunter that has to have his kill. That said, I know deer are becoming to plentiful in some ares, and I guess controls must be established for population. However, seeing it at a photography forum to me is over the line. For me that's not fun, it's just sickening.
I've asked the moderator to remove the offending photo.

Tim

Paratom

Even though I am not a fan of this image and I am not a hunter but on the other side I am really surprized how often people dont want to see dead animals but enjoy their Steak, Chicken Wings etc. all the time.
I bet this dear had a much better life than most of the chickens and Cows which end in Steakhouses and Burgers.
Just my opinion.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Let me make this perfectly clear we will not censor images from this forum unless the tolerance level is extremely bad. It is only deleted because the artist asked me too. Otherwise it would have stayed.

If someone wants to ask why than just turn on the news.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Even though I am not a fan of this image and I am not a hunter but on the other side I am really surprized how often people dont want to see dead animals but enjoy their Steak, Chicken Wings etc. all the time.
I bet this dear had a much better life than most of the chickens and Cows which end in Steakhouses and Burgers.
Just my opinion.
You took the words out of my mouth.

In this country, the price of eggs has just doubled. Why? Because millions of chickens drowned in their cages during the flood. I think I would prefer to get shot.

rayyan

I've found the ideal city car for Bangkok. This from the ring motorway around the City of Angels today, road number 9 at Tanyaburi.

Jorgen, excellent PJ. But sad for the people.

Regards.

Lloyd

It was in fact a photograph. Tastes vary for sure. I'd rather see that shot than more shots of people's cats. Very gentlemanly of you Tim, as I don't think it was something you needed to do.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Hermann, Jorgen, Lloyd, Steve - thank you!

Steen - wouldn't call myself a birder really, but I do enjoy watching and identifying them. :)

This is fairly normal "golden hour" light around here... especially so in fall and winter which tend to be hazy.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
All that comes to mind is "Wow!" Nice shots too. Hope you're staying dry, Jorgen.
Thanks, Lloyd. I'm staying dry when not taking photos, but the water where I was standing was nearly as deep as where the cars were driving. No snakes or crocs though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.