The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

The Novoflex adtaper came. Hope nobody minds me posting images shot with Nikon glass here? The second shot was by Mark Vercammen at Glazer's Camera.

Sony Nex-5N; Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS; 1/3200s @ f/1.2; ISO 100

Sony Nex-5N; Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS; 1/80s; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The All New Fun with Nikon Images

Nikon glass captures are most wellcome here, Matt, and they are nice both of them :thumbup:

Actually I think photos made with any kind of equipment and / or brand is wellcome here :D

Congrats on your new 5N, please let us know your impressions along the way with the NEX system.

Nikon glass captures are most wellcome here, Matt, and they are nice both of them :thumbup:

Actually I think photos made with any kind of equipment and / or brand is wellcome here :D

Congrats on your new 5N, please let us know your impressions along the way with the NEX system.
Matt: Big +1 to that what Steen stated.

Very nice comeback to the thread (eagerly awaited :D) - and I'm looking forward to more of your pictures made with the new equipment. Thanks a lot for sharing!

(And since I consider purchasing a Nex as well, for me those pictures are interesting in many ways. :thumbup:)

Back from my cruise around the US (west of Denver, CO) for some time now, I want to share a few impressions of places, seen through the eyes of a European every day tourist ;) - chapter 1:

"Riding for the US", Main St, Lander, WY

D 700, 14-24mm/2.8G @ 24mm & f/5.6

E Grand Ave, Laramie, WY

D 700, 14-24mm/2.8G @ 14mm & f/5.6

"Cicerone", Grand Teton NP, WY

D 700, 24-70mm/2.8G @ 24mm & f/9

To be continued, maybe ...

Hope you like it and thank you for your interest.

shtarka1

The Novoflex adtaper came. Hope nobody minds me posting images shot with Nikon glass here? The second shot was by Mark Vercammen at Glazer's Camera.

Sony Nex-5N; Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS; 1/3200s @ f/1.2; ISO 100

Sony Nex-5N; Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS; 1/80s; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

Stunning Color & IQ Matt! Nice Combo!
Back from my cruise around the US (west of Denver, CO) for some time now, I want to share a few impressions of places, seen through the eyes of a European every day tourist ;) - chapter 1:

Looks like you had a Wonderful trip to the US Hermann! This last shot is So Excellent! Next trip must be to the East Coast & the Boston area!;)

rayyan

Hermann, nice to see the trip images. The set is Americana, but this one is

super. :thumbs:

Seems the wa got a lot of use!!

Please continue....

Kindest regards.

m_driscoll

Very nice comeback to the thread (eagerly awaited :D) - and I'm looking forward to more of your pictures made with the new equipment. Thanks a lot for sharing!
(And since I consider purchasing a Nex as well, for me those pictures are interesting in many ways. :thumbup:)
Stunning Color & IQ Matt! Nice Combo!...
Matt, wonderful capture indeed. Keep them coming. If my Nikon is trash, maybe a 5N!!
Regards.
Steen/Hermann/Steve/Rayyan: Gentlemen, thanks for your kind comments. :D I am enjoying the 5N. It's ability to use almost any lens with an adapter is pretty cool. :cool:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

"Riding for the US", Main St, Lander, WY

E Grand Ave, Laramie, WY

D 700, 14-24mm/2.8G @ 14mm & f/5.6

Hermann: These are great. I think Steve and Rayyan singled out that last one, which is an exceptional composition. It's especially interesting to me, how this photo has the 'purity', light and shadow, and geometrical structure and lines of one of your European architectural photos. Very cool. Excellent pp on all. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

+2 From me... on all counts.

Looks like you had a Wonderful trip to the US Hermann! This last shot is So Excellent! Next trip must be to the East Coast & the Boston area!;)
Steve: Thanks a lot for your encouragement! And rest assured I'll take you at your word (Keep in mind: Boston - Steve! - Test Noctilux :D) ...

Hermann, nice to see the trip images. The set is Americana, but this one is

super. :thumbs:

Seems the wa got a lot of use!!

Please continue....

Kindest regards.

Rayyan: Thanks a lot! You shared your great Maghreb-adventure with us. So now I'm glad I can pay a little bit back!
But though I'm sorry 'bout that, indeed I'm afraid my eyes/brains are a little bit wide-angled :D. But there's hope you will excuse that as long as I'm not narrow-minded :).

Hermann: These are great. I think Steve and Rayyan singled out that last one, which is an exceptional composition. It's especially interesting to me, how this photo has the 'purity', light and shadow, and geometrical structure and lines of one of your European architectural photos. Very cool. Excellent pp on all. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Thanks for your kind and empathetic feedback! Astonishing and remarkable that you realized and pointed out, what indeed was the intent on that (seemingly simple) one and you recognized the parallels in composition/image formation to my other photography. Very much appreciated!:salute:

The wedding dress store near my local Starbucks. This was a lens, I found on Friday at my camera store.

Sony Nex-5N; Niikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/4000s; ISO 100

Sony Nex-5N; Niikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/4000s; ISO 100[/color

Cheers, Matt

Matt: I like both of them very much!:thumbs:

Particularly I really like the perspective impact of your compostion here, the reflections of course and the (somewhat "alienating"?) PP! The 35 AI really seems to be a gem in your hands regarding its colors and rendering (for my taste at least).

Glad to get an impression that my suggestion on the 35/f1.4 wasn't that bad :)

Thanks for sharing!

m_driscoll

Matt: Thanks for your kind and empathetic feedback! Astonishing and remarkable that you realized and pointed out, what indeed was the intent on that (seemingly simple) one and you recognized the parallels in composition/image formation to my other photography. Very much appreciated!:salute:
Matt: I like both of them very much!:thumbs:
Particularly I really like the perspective impact of your compostion here, the reflections of course and the (somewhat "alienating"?) PP! The 35 AI really seems to be a gem in your hands regarding its colors and rendering (for my taste at least).
Glad to get an impression that my suggestion on the 35/f1.4 wasn't that bad :)
Thanks for sharing!
Hermann: Thanks! :DThis lens was a good idea. Must be 30 years old +/-. It focus wickedly close. Your architectural photos are distinctively composed. It was actually easy, but unexpected, to see that same compositional technique applied (really well!) here. :salute:

Great pair Matt!
Steve: Thanks! Double entendre intended? :D

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.