The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the Holy Water Spring Temple, Bali.

Each place has a soul.

To do the kind of photography I enjoy, I have to get to the soul of the place. The spirit of place, if you must.

That is what I do when I arrive in a new country or place. No camera. Just me. Walking, talking, eating and mixing amongst the crowd. To get a feel. To hear the vibes.

What is it that the people hold dear. That which governs their everyday life. Their very being. In many instances, I found it was commerce. Money. In other cities, it was the mining culture. While some others lived for sport.

I had read all I could about Bali. On the internet. Books. Seen the photos on various sites. I had researched the place. Knew its geography, regions, culture, economics, parts of its history, its religion.

But nowhere, I knew, would I find Bali's soul. I had to be there. To experience it. I have gotten pretty adept at doing this. In the first two days, I knew what moved Bali's people. I knew Bali's soul.

So from the Soul of Bali, in the heart of Ubud..

Rayyan: From my point of view very interesting juxtaposition: love both of them! Great photographic implementation of your intention, as described above. :thumbs::salute:

shtarka1

Each place has a soul.

To do the kind of photography I enjoy, I have to get to the soul of the place. The spirit of place, if you must.

That is what I do when I arrive in a new country or place. No camera. Just me. Walking, talking, eating and mixing amongst the crowd. To get a feel. To hear the vibes.

What is it that the people hold dear. That which governs their everyday life. Their very being. In many instances, I found it was commerce. Money. In other cities, it was the mining culture. While some others lived for sport.

I had read all I could about Bali. On the internet. Books. Seen the photos on various sites. I had researched the place. Knew its geography, regions, culture, economics, parts of its history, its religion.

But nowhere, I knew, would I find Bali's soul. I had to be there. To experience it. I have gotten pretty adept at doing this. In the first two days, I knew what moved Bali's people. I knew Bali's soul.

Rayyan, Not Only Is This Soulful,Spiritual & Magnificent, It Is Stated With Poetic Truth! Brotha, This Post Just Made My Day! Thank You!

rayyan

Rayyan: From my point of view very interesting juxtaposition: love both of them! Great photographic implementation of your intention, as described above. :thumbs::salute:
Hermann, my sincere thanks for your encouragement.:salute:

Rayyan, Not Only Is This Soulful,Spiritual & Magnificent, It Is Stated With Poetic Truth! Brotha, This Post Just Made My Day! Thank You!
Steve, stay well my friend.:salute:

rayyan

To understand Bali and its culture...look to the details.

The design of a flower in a girl's hair, the patterns of color in an offering, or the simple placements of jars. Therein you shall find elegance and understand Bali's soul...

The design of a flower in a girl's hair, the patterns of color in an offering, or the simple placements of jars. Therein you shall find elegance and understand Bali's soul...
Rayyan: Really a deeply symbolic find, particularly like the translucent blue ornaments. And the apt capture of course!:thumbs:

Lloyd

Each place has a soul.

The details, always look at the details; even in a local market..
I don't even know where to begin. Thank you for sharing.

rayyan

Rayyan: Really a deeply symbolic find, particularly like the translucent blue ornaments. And the apt capture of course!:thumbs:
Rayyan: More great impressions of a great journey to a beautiful place.
Thanks a lot for sharing insight into your experience.:salute:
I don't even know where to begin. Thank you for sharing.
sometimes I wish you guys would post a sticky and walk us through PP one image this is killah!!!
Hermann, Lloyd, viablex1; I don't know what to say. You are a super bunch.
Stay safe, take care and thank you.:salute::salute:

rayyan

Notice the position of the hand. The holding of the leaf between the fingers. The leaf itself. Notice the fingers. Their separation. The curve of the little finger.
Notice the grace of her sitting down. The tilt of the head.
Notice the delicate balance of the offerings plate on her knee.

It is all over in a few seconds.

Hypnotic grace. Mesmerizing elegance.

It is all in the details.

shtarka1

sometimes I wish you guys would post a sticky and walk us through PP one image this is killah!!!
Notice the position of the hand. The holding of the leaf between the fingers. The leaf itself. Notice the fingers. Their separation. The curve of the little finger.

Genius At Work!!!:salute:

S

sjms56

i like watching people at work. i try to avoid using any unnatural light. so my reliance on my cameras relative clean capture ability is key.
D700 at a mild 1250

D700 at a slightly more agressive 12800 in really bad light with a little bit of post

Lloyd

This, and the shot that follows both of elegance and grace. Equaled only by the eloquence of the narrative and visual portrayal you've given us.

Lloyd

i like watching people at work. i try to avoid using any unnatural light. so my reliance on my cameras relative clean capture ability is key.
D700 at a mild 1250

D700 at a slightly more agressive 12800 in really bad light with a little bit of post
These are both great. That last is fantastic, even it it wasn't taken at 12800, which makes it all the more so. :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.