The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

A long-time dear friend of my wife's asked me to take some photos for an album cover. A retired educator (she has a PhD in something weird), and a concert pianist. This woman has a list of accomplishments as long as my arm. She is also quite a character! Here are a few from the shoot;

All with the D3s, 24-70/2.8 combo. Lighting via a single Ranger Quadra, and an Elinchrom Deep Octa.

rayyan

A long-time dear friend of my wife's asked me to take some photos for an album cover. A retired educator (she has a PhD in something weird), and a concert pianist. This woman has a list of accomplishments as long as my arm. She is also quite a character! Here are a few from the shoot;

All with the D3s, 24-70/2.8 combo. Lighting via a single Ranger Quadra, and an Elinchrom Deep Octa.

Lloyd, these should do her proud. The ones I chose stand out for me for the simplicity, her homliness and the elegant relaxed posture of the lot.:thumbs:

We now know who to ask for album covers!!

Regards.

Lloyd

Lloyd, these should do her proud. The ones I chose stand out for me for the simplicity, her homliness and the elegant relaxed posture of the lot.:thumbs:

We now know who to ask for album covers!!

Regards.
Much appreciated, my friend. :salute:

shtarka1

Thats one smart,talented lady! Excellent color & comps Lloyd!

dmeckert

love the mood, lighting, and expressions Lloyd. i feel like i "get" her.

if i'm honest though...i'm not a fan of the hands being obstructed (whether by the edge of the frame, or the piano). it bothers me mainly because hands are so important to a pianist. just thinking out loud.

Lloyd

love the mood, lighting, and expressions Lloyd. i feel like i "get" her.

if i'm honest though...i'm not a fan of the hands being obstructed (whether by the edge of the frame, or the piano). it bothers me mainly because hands are so important to a pianist. just thinking out loud.
Thanks for the comments. I feel the same way about hands on piano keys, and took several views, and close ups of her hands on the keys. These shots are her final selections. What you gonna do, eh?

dmeckert

Thanks for the comments. I feel the same way about hands on piano keys, and took several views, and close ups of her hands on the keys. These shots are her final selections. What you gonna do, eh?
indeed.

gotta give 'em what they want.

(which is why i hide the proofs from the models i work with. lmao)

Status
Not open for further replies.