The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmeckert

Giving away the exposure values would give away secret info. Lol. But they were shot at equivalent exposures. Say, if one were 1/125 at f5.6 the other is 1/250 at f/4.0 (not actual figures obvsly).

I can't pick which I prefer either. One has an older look because of the flare (which is probably also opening the shadows, causing a seemingly higher exposure)...the other more modern with zero flare. Oops, another clue.

Thanks for playing along with the shenanigans fellas. Haha

Lloyd

I prefer the shot on the left, I think I like that more is in focus, and the flare does, as you point out, gives it an older look. Just my $.02 worth.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Beautiful Uwe, especially the second one. You really must get a handyman to visit!

Lloyd

Oxford Street, London. There is a shop ' Arabian Oud '. They have a good website also.

Anyway, The fragrance in this bottle is not cheap. The Real Thing.
Fragrance is from Agarwood. Matured over years.

Not a Leica MF, but a couple of new Ms and at least one 50/2.

p.s can't translate the ' meaning ' of the label. Literal translation would never convey the meaning.
Beautifully captured. Clearly a fragrance I'll have to enjoy from your description. Not in my budget!!

ustein

Contributing Editor
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

These are photos from Fort Ord and these barracks are planned to go but now for many years already.

Lloyd

Thanks Loyd, then you have a reason to go to Sweden. :)
Yes, indeed! Actually, I have a number of reasons to visit Sweden. One of our best friends here is from Sweden, and has be threatening to take us for some time. The only problem the past couple of years (and this one) is that the time we'd like to be there, her parents come here for 6 to 8 weeks. Maybe next year. We'd like to go and do a trip on the canal.

We are getting closer, however. We're off to Iceland in June.

Oxford Street, London. There is a shop ' Arabian Oud '. They have a good website also.

Anyway, The fragrance in this bottle is not cheap. The Real Thing.
Fragrance is from Agarwood. Matured over years.

Not a Leica MF, but a couple of new Ms and at least one 50/2.

p.s can't translate the ' meaning ' of the label. Literal translation would never convey the meaning.
Rayyan: Thanks a lot for that information: soothing to know that there are still other great options to invest big money besides all that tempting new photographic gear. :D
And also a nice capture BTW. :thumbup: :salute:

rayyan

Rayyan: Thanks a lot for that information: soothing to know that there are still other great options to invest big money besides all that tempting new photographic gear. :D
And also a nice capture BTW. :thumbup: :salute:

Hermann, you have deserted us!!:eek:

Thanks for looking in. Don't ask me about the price of Dutch Tulips here!!

Take care and stay well.

Status
Not open for further replies.