The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hermann, you have deserted us!!:eek:

(...)
Rayyan: :D :salute:

But apropos "new gear": My D 700 seems to behave well to date, thank goodness! :)

"Among the Shades"

D 700, 85mm/1.4G @ f/1.8

Even in B&W:

"Among the Shades, var."

D 700, 85mm/1.4G @ f/1.8

Hope you like it and thank you for your interest.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Rayyan: :D :salute:

But apropos "new gear": My D 700 seems to behave well to date, thank goodness! :)

"Among the Shades"

Even in B&W:

"Among the Shades, var."

Hope you like it and thank you for your interest.
This is what photography is all about :thumbs:

I also have to admit that I wouldn't be able to change between colour and b&w that was with my F6 ;)

dmeckert

alright...time to kill the suspense. haha.

image on the left is the nikon 28-70/2.8, 56mm @ f/2.8. image on the right is the nikon 85/1.4G wide open.

i'm truly AMAZED at how flare resistant the 85 is, thanks to the nano coating i imagine.

i'm still not sure which i like better...i keep going back and forth. i love both the vintage look of the older lens, and the clean crispness of the newer lens.

if i managed to take a similar shot with the fuji and leica, i'll post them up for comparison once they're back from the lab.

Hermann, Beautiful moment captured. Love it!!:thumbs:
(...)

Regards.
Hermann, timeless with wonderful contrast & feel!
This is what photography is all about :thumbs:
(...)
That really is wonderful, Hermann
Rayyan, Steve, Jørgen: Thank you very much for your kind words and your encouragement, gentlemen, truly very much appreciated! :)

Lloyd: Thanks a lot for the feedback! I hope recovery from your knee surgery (and your former problems with your elbow?) will soon attain a major step forward so that you can catch up on all the outdoor activities you like (besides photography of course :))! Crazy as it sounds, especially when I'm sitting on my racing cycle, "fighting with the storm", I often have to think of your actual misfortune. :thumbs:

Lloyd

Lloyd: Thanks a lot for the feedback! I hope recovery from your knee surgery (and your former problems with your elbow?) will soon attain a major step forward so that you can catch up on all the outdoor activities you like (besides photography of course :))! Crazy as it sounds, especially when I'm sitting on my racing cycle, "fighting with the storm", I often have to think of your actual misfortune. :thumbs:
Thank you Hermann. The elbow is still recovering; I have two torn ligaments, which have improved, but still have a way to go. Unfortunately, it appears that I will have a permanent loss of range of movement in both flexed and extended positions. I don't notice it much anymore, and there's nothing I can do about it anyway. The knee is doing well. Very little discomfort now, one week after surgery. The doctor thinks I'll be back to full activity within three to four more weeks. Thanks again for your interest and concern. And I'm glad I can be of some inspiration... even as a bad example. ;)

Lloyd

Matto: That's an impressive place, and nicely captured. Where is this?

ckhfrankie: Love the look of that fisheye. Very effectively used here.

Thank you Hermann. (...) And I'm glad I can be of some inspiration... even as a bad example. ;)
Lloyd: Thanks for the further annotation! But: "bad example"??? No way. It's only empathy (even we, though athletes, are all getting older, but hey, that's trivial) and first and foremost admiration, since I'm absolutely positive, that you will bite through this little "loss of form" and will come back. Crossing fingers, that this will be very soon! :thumbs:

Matto: That's an impressive place, and nicely captured. Where is this?

ckhfrankie: Love the look of that fisheye. Very effectively used here.
Thanks Lloyd, I am only a rookie using the fisheye. However, I do believe it would be a very useful magic..!

Status
Not open for further replies.