The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shelby Lewis

thanks shelby what do you think of the noise on the d800? is there a lot in the blue channel?
I'm not sure just yet... at ISO 100 there doesn't seem to be any noise anywhere... really. You can lift shadows almost as much as you want with no noise added. I'm shooting a wedding with it this weekend and should get a good feel for high ISO noise.

Here's a quick ISO 6400 shot... but was about a stop underexposed and then manipulated (tonally) pretty hard. With well-exposed shots, the noise is even less (quite so). What's nice is the amount of detail still kept at high ISO. D800, 180/2.8 wide open, i think 1/250th handheld.

Cheers!
Shelby

Lloyd

Looks good to me. I actually like the grain-like noise in the shadow areas. BTW, nice SP. Took me a minute to realize you had a monopod in your hand. I know you're a musician, so I thought it was an instrument of some sort. ;)

S

Shelby Lewis

Thanks Lloyd... funny, I got so used to carrying a monopod with my MF gear that I forgot that I really didn't need it in the hard morning light, so I carried it around needlessly all morning.

viablex1

I'm not sure just yet... at ISO 100 there doesn't seem to be any noise anywhere... really. You can lift shadows almost as much as you want with no noise added. I'm shooting a wedding with it this weekend and should get a good feel for high ISO noise.

Here's a quick ISO 6400 shot... but was about a stop underexposed and then manipulated (tonally) pretty hard. With well-exposed shots, the noise is even less (quite so). What's nice is the amount of detail still kept at high ISO. D800, 180/2.8 wide open, i think 1/250th handheld.

Cheers!
Shelby
Just curious , I have seen some blue channels at 100 iso and the noise was pretty apparent but don't know how that would effect printing, I don't print so I don't know. Looking at my d700 the noise is not there at all.

in any event looking forward to your impressions when you shoot the wedding, focus etc

matto

BenH

Purrrrrr...fection!

Cheers!
Shelby

Status
Not open for further replies.