The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Shelby, those shots will have a lot of wedding photographers drooling into the guests' salmon appetisers.. great stuff indeed!

Gary, I hope you've got a good copy of the 24-120. it is such a useful lens. You really must do the AF fine tune thing though: it is astonishingly easy and not only does it do what is says on the tin but it lets you place the DOF where you want it. My 70-200 in a studio at F8 was carrying all its DOF in front of the POF and I managed to adjust it so exactly that now, focus on the eye means the tips of nose and ears are in focus. Really useful.

LR4 is so good at what it does. Just download a trial and play. The shadows slider alone is worth the cost of entry with a D800. It is very intuitive yo use but if you want to throw some time at it, the Lula video series will leave you a total expert and with very nice results.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

This is for a friend of ours for a commercial portrait that she needs for her website so pretty corporate looking. But just wanted to show you the 200mm F2 lens at F7.1 and the fall off. Its heavily airbrushed as that is what she wanted. I'm still working it too. LOL

Lloyd

Way behind here. I'll try to catch up.

Daves:
Looks the the 85/1.4 deals well with the strong backlight.
Frankie: Some terrific sports shots. Love the action in that Rugby on the beach shot in particular.
Mikael: Great work, as always. I especially like the selective color rose, and the rocks at the shore is terrific, and I think it compares very well to Dan's MF shot.
Joe: Stunning images, as always. I love that shot of the river "Along Hwy 38".
Uwe: Very kewl detail shots of those old planes. Almost looks like selective color (although I know it's not.) Interesting.
Rayyan: Love the shots from Turkey, especially the Bosporus shot. The combination of warm and cool light is nice.
Gary: The shots from Thailand just are very kewl. Amazing color too. And that tree looks like "popcorn popping".
Bob: Some seriously departure from your usual. Very nice shots, and a very intriguing place.
Steve: Amen, bro. Awesome images too.
Gary: Nice to see you got the D800e. Nice images too. Looking forward to more examples.
BSEH: Sorry your wait for the D800 has been so long. Very nice work with the D7000, however. Great color; the skin tones are spot on.
Jorgen: Nice catch! Orange three is a decisive moment shot. Great color too.
John: Nice shot of the torch on the train. I'm looking forward to those Olymipics!

Hope I haven't missed anyone. Great work all.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Some shots with the D800 and 60mm Micro:

From a historic electric bike:

Spray Booth through glass:

With built-in flash and Gary Fong diffusor:

CNC machine cover:

First day out with my D800E and I couldn't be happier! :thumbs:
All of these were shot with the 105/2.8G Micro-Nikkor. All hand held shots, most at f5.6 and ISO 200.
Gary
I don't know if you agree but the detail in these images just look like medium format to me.
ACH

Thorkil

Thanks Shelby. Fantastic shots!
I guess nobody here use only C1? For posting, LR4 is also better I guess? Have to learn it some day, although I dropped it because I didn't think it was so intuitive as C1, and was too impatience to invest the demanded time. Thanks for advice on LR Tim. Lula is better than Luminous Landscape, in learning LR? And posting from C1 gives me problems. The pictures don’t shine.
Thorkil

D

DougMac

I'd like to add an image taken with my new D800 and the 70-300 lens. Tell me what you think. Thank you.

tashley

Subscriber Member

D800E with Zeiss Makro Planar 100mm @ F2.8 ISO 200 handheld 1/800th. This lens is a peach to focus manually, which is a good job!

S

Shelby Lewis

Tim and DougMac.. nice work!

A little long exposure fun... "Snake Eyes"

Cheers!
Shelby

Thorkil

Exquisite dof (and colours) on your flower, Tim!
I'm beginning wondering, going for acceptable dof, would mean f.11, and some pictures from that aperture could be interesting, just to get an impression on how unacceptable diffraction would be on different lenses.
Thorkil

Status
Not open for further replies.