The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Great shots Guy. I love the 200 F2. It is one of my favorite lenses, and with your pictures you have opened my eyes into different ways to use the lens.

Thanks for meeting yesterday, and showing me the truck graveyard. I ended up spending about 2 hours there. I will post some pics when I get back. My preliminary look at my other pics from Antelope, Monument and Grand Canyon is that I may have some great images there too. I will post soon.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Bryan glad I drove up to see you have a little lunch shoot a few images and spend some time together . It was fun and I certainly enjoyed your company. That graveyard you could spend a week in it. Looking forward to seeing what you got.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member

It will take a few days as I am a bit rusty on Capture One. I haven't edited anything in almost 2 months.

ustein

Contributing Editor

Actually upsizing will so much improve that 1000x600 pixel images can be printed at 60" wide :)

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Bear Lake, Rocky Mt. National Park
Estes Park, CO

Nikon D800 and Nikon 14-24mm

Thanks for viewing.
Pramote

bensonga

Made my first print from the D800E tonight. This image was shot with the 24-120/4 VR lens. Print is 11x14 on glossy paper using my Epson 3880. The detail is amazing!

Time to go BIGGER! :D

Now where did I stash that 17x22 inch paper?

Gary

eleanorbrown

Guy how would you compare your new 24 1.4 to the 14-24 at 24mm. Just wondering as I have a new 14-24 sitting here just waiting for a d800e on backorder. Thanks, Eleanor

Guy,
All your pictures with D800 are beautiful, and your color processing is amazing, could you please explain your workflow. Thanks

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Nikon 800e and Nikon 400mm f/2.8 AFi + TC 14E II
Handholding. Just kidding!
Thanks for viewing.
Pramote

Last edited:

MFnLF

Just got my Nikon D800, put my Hasselblad 30CFi fisheye lens on it this early morning. Love Zeiss color.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Guy how would you compare your new 24 1.4 to the 14-24 at 24mm. Just wondering as I have a new 14-24 sitting here just waiting for a d800e on backorder. Thanks, Eleanor
Its a very nice lens the 14-24 and I was torn on selling it but wanted the speed of the 24mm which i like a lot. The zoom is big though and it did bug me slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.