The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleanorbrown

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Thanks... The two cards I tried were both Sandisk Extreme Pro...same kind of cards that work perfectly in my Nikon D5100..... Very main
steam cards....and both were formatted in camera. Eleanor

I have read of issues with some brands of media cards not being compatible with the D800(e). I do not recall just what the problem was, just that they did not work. If you are using an SD card, it might be an idea to try one of a different manufacture or a CF card.

It is terrible to have problems with a brand new camera!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Thanks everyone... Tried these suggestions and no luck. It was like this right out of the box....shutter is opening but sensor is not recording. So frustrating...been waiting months to get one of these. Eleanor
Frustrating ... I had the same experience with my IQ160 last year with a DOA camera back. After having had Nikons for more years than I care to remember one of the highlights for me was Nikon warranty and service. You should obviously get a replacement but these types of issues are very un-Nikon in my experience and when there are issues they fix them in a timely manner.

Good luck with the next one!

BenH

Sorry, I missed in your original post, or it failed to register, that Live View is also not working. Most likely the card has no bearing on the problem since LV will work even with no card in the camera.

Hopefully you won't have to wait long for a replacement.

Thanks... The two cards I tried were both Sandisk Extreme Pro...same kind of cards that work perfectly in my Nikon D5100..... Very main
steam cards....and both were formatted in camera. Eleanor

BSEH

Inspired by the recent self-portraits and animal picture galleries I took a quick little photo safari on the savana close to My Hood ...

First D700 and the leica 90 summicron

2. is d700 and 105 f/2.8 VR

Lloyd

Steve: Wow! Impressive cuz.

BSEH: Love those camels!

me_too: For some reason I can't view your image.

Status
Not open for further replies.